So, the first three chapters of the Wrath Of The First Lantern crossover in the Green Lantern titles has a few double splash pages showing histories of Green Lanterns and Guardians.
And if you thought the timelines of Batman and his Robins in the New 52 was impossible to square, Green Lantern only multiplies it. It seems that Guy Gardner becoming Warrior is back in in continuity, as is his Vuldarian persona. No sign of a one punch.
Add to that Tony Bedard on New Guardians;
I’d say “Emerald Twilight” did happen, and we saw Ganthet give Kyle the ring in the alley in New Guardians #1. But the timeline for all this stuff has been truncated. Kyle’s only been a Green Lantern for about two years, so in my mind, the restoration of Oa and the return of the Guardians and the Corps happened quicker than it seemed pre-relaunch.
I just figure that the Guardians were decimated when Hal went rogue back in the day and became Parallax. When the Guardians were restored, Sayd was among them. Does that make it seem any clearer? I wonder if it would be less confusing if Kyle was in his Darryl Banks-era uniform rather than a rookie uniform in that flashback. Maybe some better writer than I will make sense of it some day.
Anyone up to the challenge?
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017