At the ComicsPRO retailer summit, Diamond Comic Distributors rolled out some statistics for the direct market.
That comics sales in 2012 increased 16% from 2011’s figures, graphic novels increased 13%, merchandise increased 9% and total sales were up, a total increase of 14%.
And that comic book direct market stores increased in number by 1%, similar to the previous year.
Some put last year’s rise in the number of comic stores down to the spread of comic stores into Hastings across the US. This year, although still a small rise, has bucked the trend over the last decade or two.
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017