At the ComicsPRO retailer summit, Diamond Comic Distributors rolled out some statistics for the direct market.
That comics sales in 2012 increased 16% from 2011’s figures, graphic novels increased 13%, merchandise increased 9% and total sales were up, a total increase of 14%.
And that comic book direct market stores increased in number by 1%, similar to the previous year.
Some put last year’s rise in the number of comic stores down to the spread of comic stores into Hastings across the US. This year, although still a small rise, has bucked the trend over the last decade or two.
- White Noise In London – Paradiso and Void Trip Exhibition at Orbital Comics, With a Walkthrough From Ram V on Saturday - January 18, 2018
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018