At the ComicsPRO retailer summit, Diamond Comic Distributors rolled out some statistics for the direct market.
That comics sales in 2012 increased 16% from 2011’s figures, graphic novels increased 13%, merchandise increased 9% and total sales were up, a total increase of 14%.
And that comic book direct market stores increased in number by 1%, similar to the previous year.
Some put last year’s rise in the number of comic stores down to the spread of comic stores into Hastings across the US. This year, although still a small rise, has bucked the trend over the last decade or two.
- Star Trek: Discovery Will Feature A Same-Sex Couple Among The Officers - July 22, 2017
- Video: Colin Baker Talks Jodie Whittaker, The 13th Doctor, At San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2017
- Hasbro Star Wars Toy Line Unveils Rey, Leia, Padme, And More Female Character Releases - July 22, 2017
- Photos From The Warner Bros. DC Comics Movie Presentation - July 22, 2017
- Least-Surprising SDCC News: Wonder Woman 2 Is Confirmed - July 22, 2017