At the ComicsPRO retailer summit, Diamond Comic Distributors rolled out some statistics for the direct market.
That comics sales in 2012 increased 16% from 2011’s figures, graphic novels increased 13%, merchandise increased 9% and total sales were up, a total increase of 14%.
And that comic book direct market stores increased in number by 1%, similar to the previous year.
Some put last year’s rise in the number of comic stores down to the spread of comic stores into Hastings across the US. This year, although still a small rise, has bucked the trend over the last decade or two.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017