There was something oddly missing from the first issue of Django Unchained from Vertigo. The name of the writer.
Reginald Hudlin, producer on the movie, also wrote the adaptation from Tarantino’s screenplay. But when the first issue was published, his name was missing.
I originally wasn’t going to take a credit at all on the book because I didn’t want to muddle the fact that it’s based on Quentin’s original draft. But DC repeatedly asked me to take an adaptation credit and Quentin was more than fine with it so from the second issue on I have an adaptation credit.
And so it came to pass. Not on the cover, but at least you now know the reason.
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017