There was something oddly missing from the first issue of Django Unchained from Vertigo. The name of the writer.
Reginald Hudlin, producer on the movie, also wrote the adaptation from Tarantino’s screenplay. But when the first issue was published, his name was missing.
I originally wasn’t going to take a credit at all on the book because I didn’t want to muddle the fact that it’s based on Quentin’s original draft. But DC repeatedly asked me to take an adaptation credit and Quentin was more than fine with it so from the second issue on I have an adaptation credit.
And so it came to pass. Not on the cover, but at least you now know the reason.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018