There was something oddly missing from the first issue of Django Unchained from Vertigo. The name of the writer.
Reginald Hudlin, producer on the movie, also wrote the adaptation from Tarantino’s screenplay. But when the first issue was published, his name was missing.
I originally wasn’t going to take a credit at all on the book because I didn’t want to muddle the fact that it’s based on Quentin’s original draft. But DC repeatedly asked me to take an adaptation credit and Quentin was more than fine with it so from the second issue on I have an adaptation credit.
And so it came to pass. Not on the cover, but at least you now know the reason.
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017