Okay that was just very, clever. Uncanny X-Men #1 by Brian Bendis and Chris Bachalo is published today.
Don’t go any further if you were planning on picking this up. I hope that, if you weren’t, and you read this, you may pick it up anyway to see this move in action. Because it is rather well played.
In the comic, we meet a traitor. The traitor. Someone who is about to hand the ex-X-Termination squad over to SHIELD. Cyclops, Magneto, Emma Frost, Illyana, , as well as new members Tempus and an unnamed healer, about to fall at the hands of… Professor X?
A bit of an extreme Professor X of course. But bald, staying in his seat, a massive knowledge of the mutant situation, being able to stay one step ahead of Maria Hill constantly, who could it be? And is he really betraying Cyclops, the man who killed him?
Even with that profile, no, obviously not.
Okay, I’m not showing the last page. But it’s a good twist and well played. And as Cyclops becomes Magneto, and Wolverine becomes Professor X… who knew that this individual would want to become Professor X as well?
BTW, I may be using that last panel in a lot of coverage this summer.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, who are currently planning this little Valentine’s Day special tomorrow…
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017