In America’s Got Powers from Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch we’ve been used to seeing a little photo reference going on with the head scientist being “played” by David Tennant and the US Senator involved with the superreality TV show bearing an uncanny resemblance to Sarah Palin.
In America’s Got Powers #5, from Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch out today we get to see them both again. Minor spoilers going ahead so, you know…
We get Sarah Palin saying things like…
Or showing where she stands on the issue of gun control.
Or giving her total supervillain bad guy ultimatum.
But then we have her plan suddenly opposed by
The Doctor David Tennant who offers an alternative to her handgun-held-against-hostage approach.
So it’s celebrity icon vs celebrity icon, all the time while massive superhero battles go on above their heads. And by massive, we mean massive, Bryan Hitch takes his giant battles of The Ultimates and takes it up a peg. It really is rather good.
But would Sarah Palin and David Tennant approve of their likenesses being used in this comic book?
That’s alright then! And I know they got Tennant’s permission in person. Still, who’s the one with the gun?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, who are currently planning this little Valentine’s Day special tomorrow…
- A Sneek Peak at McFarlane Toys’s New Stranger Things Ghostbusters Action Figures - January 23, 2018
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018