In America’s Got Powers from Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch we’ve been used to seeing a little photo reference going on with the head scientist being “played” by David Tennant and the US Senator involved with the superreality TV show bearing an uncanny resemblance to Sarah Palin.
In America’s Got Powers #5, from Jonathan Ross and Bryan Hitch out today we get to see them both again. Minor spoilers going ahead so, you know…
We get Sarah Palin saying things like…
Or showing where she stands on the issue of gun control.
Or giving her total supervillain bad guy ultimatum.
But then we have her plan suddenly opposed by
The Doctor David Tennant who offers an alternative to her handgun-held-against-hostage approach.
So it’s celebrity icon vs celebrity icon, all the time while massive superhero battles go on above their heads. And by massive, we mean massive, Bryan Hitch takes his giant battles of The Ultimates and takes it up a peg. It really is rather good.
But would Sarah Palin and David Tennant approve of their likenesses being used in this comic book?
That’s alright then! And I know they got Tennant’s permission in person. Still, who’s the one with the gun?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, who are currently planning this little Valentine’s Day special tomorrow…
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017