You’d have thought sharing an office building with Planned Parenthood in Manhattan would be excitement enough for Valiant Entertainment.
But in today’s Harbinger #0 (and, you know, spoilers), President Bashar al-Assad of Syria meets his death at the hands of an angry mob.
He’s not named Assad in the comic, obviously. And he has a beard, but it’s one drawn on those familiarly hamsterish cheeks of Assad.
Of course, Assad’s lot are no friends of comic book creators.
Mark Millar once tried to do this with the president of Indonesia in The Authority, but it was internally censored by DC Comics so it became the leader of a non-determined country.
Valiant? Less frit, it seems.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017