You’d have thought sharing an office building with Planned Parenthood in Manhattan would be excitement enough for Valiant Entertainment.
But in today’s Harbinger #0 (and, you know, spoilers), President Bashar al-Assad of Syria meets his death at the hands of an angry mob.
He’s not named Assad in the comic, obviously. And he has a beard, but it’s one drawn on those familiarly hamsterish cheeks of Assad.
Of course, Assad’s lot are no friends of comic book creators.
Mark Millar once tried to do this with the president of Indonesia in The Authority, but it was internally censored by DC Comics so it became the leader of a non-determined country.
Valiant? Less frit, it seems.
- Black Mask Creators Talk The Benefits Of Comics At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- The Young Justice: Outsiders, Revealed – Could This Be Their First Gay Member? - July 21, 2017
- More ComiXology Exclusive Marvel Comics To Come After ‘Iron Fists’ - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Retailer Exclusives Given Away At San Diego Comic-Con Today - July 21, 2017
- Deborah Watling, Victoria In Doctor Who, Dies At 69 - July 21, 2017