You’d have thought sharing an office building with Planned Parenthood in Manhattan would be excitement enough for Valiant Entertainment.
But in today’s Harbinger #0 (and, you know, spoilers), President Bashar al-Assad of Syria meets his death at the hands of an angry mob.
He’s not named Assad in the comic, obviously. And he has a beard, but it’s one drawn on those familiarly hamsterish cheeks of Assad.
Of course, Assad’s lot are no friends of comic book creators.
Mark Millar once tried to do this with the president of Indonesia in The Authority, but it was internally censored by DC Comics so it became the leader of a non-determined country.
Valiant? Less frit, it seems.
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017