You’d have thought sharing an office building with Planned Parenthood in Manhattan would be excitement enough for Valiant Entertainment.
But in today’s Harbinger #0 (and, you know, spoilers), President Bashar al-Assad of Syria meets his death at the hands of an angry mob.
He’s not named Assad in the comic, obviously. And he has a beard, but it’s one drawn on those familiarly hamsterish cheeks of Assad.
Of course, Assad’s lot are no friends of comic book creators.
Mark Millar once tried to do this with the president of Indonesia in The Authority, but it was internally censored by DC Comics so it became the leader of a non-determined country.
Valiant? Less frit, it seems.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018