That reference to the classic issue of Swamp Thing when Alan Moore totally rewrote the basis of the character and comic, by revealing that he wasn’t Alec Holland transformed into a swamp monster, but merley the memories of the dead Alec Holland residing inside animated muck is considered a classic in the “everything you knew was wrong” field of storytelling.
Okay, so this is my guess. And purely that.
The transformation of Tony Stark, being kidnapped by an enemy, being tortured, being used to manufacture weapons, and from that event creating a prototype of the Iron Man suit, escaping from capture and then using that suit as a new type of superhero.
If everything you know is wrong (and note the old grey helmet on the teaser image)…
What if it was a setup? Something artifically arranged to get Tony Stark to invent.. something. And that something ended up as the Iron Man Suit.
I asked and was told “You’re on the right track…”
Any more guesses? Speculation engine thrusters on!
- Rewriting The Life Of Ted Kord, Blue Beetle, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- “He Pushed Us Forward” – Marvel Comics’ Tribute To Bernie Wrightson - April 26, 2017
- Well That Was Quick. X-Men Gold #2 Brings Back The Politics… (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The DC Universe Today In Flash #21 – Bringing It All Back Again (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Today, Cassandra Cain Finally Chooses Her New Name (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017