That reference to the classic issue of Swamp Thing when Alan Moore totally rewrote the basis of the character and comic, by revealing that he wasn’t Alec Holland transformed into a swamp monster, but merley the memories of the dead Alec Holland residing inside animated muck is considered a classic in the “everything you knew was wrong” field of storytelling.
Okay, so this is my guess. And purely that.
The transformation of Tony Stark, being kidnapped by an enemy, being tortured, being used to manufacture weapons, and from that event creating a prototype of the Iron Man suit, escaping from capture and then using that suit as a new type of superhero.
If everything you know is wrong (and note the old grey helmet on the teaser image)…
What if it was a setup? Something artifically arranged to get Tony Stark to invent.. something. And that something ended up as the Iron Man Suit.
I asked and was told “You’re on the right track…”
Any more guesses? Speculation engine thrusters on!
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017
- Original Art Page From Asterix Breaks Records, Sells For $300,000 - January 23, 2017
- Ed Begley Jr Investigates Giant Robot Building With February’s “Build” Loot Crate - January 23, 2017
- Titan Has A Bunch Of Dark Souls And Assassin’s Creed Comics Out For April 2017… - January 23, 2017
- DC Comics Admits That Batman/The Shadow By Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando And Riley Rossmo – Exists - January 23, 2017