Thomas of Beach Ball Comics in California writes;
We had a break-in at Beach Ball Comics in Anaheim CA last night, a smash and grab of 11 high-end books from our display case. They smashed the front door and the display case, which probably took less than 3 minutes.
PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR THE FOLLOWING BOOKS:
Amazing Spider-Man #1 (1963) – Approx VG
Amazing Spider-Man #1 (1963) – Approx F- (some restoration) SIGNED by Stan Lee on title page
Amazing Spider-Man #2 (1963) – Approx F
Avengers #4 CGC 4.0 (though thieves sometimes crack the cases on these)
Batman #4 – CGC 1.0 SS SIGNED by Jerry Robinson (cover) in black marker – ROUGH book, but valuable.
Giant-Size X-Men #1 – high grade (8.5 or better)
Green Lantern #76 – PGX 5.0
House of Secrets #92 – high grade – first Swamp Thing
Incredible Hulk #102 – high grade
Incredible Hulk #181 – very high grade – stamp intact.
Superman #33 (Golden Age) – some restoration – SIGNED by Shuster (cover) and Siegel (title page), both in ballpoint pen
Anaheim PD has been out, and will be receiving a copy of this list shortly as well. Some of these books are very distinctive (signatures, condition flaws I would recognize), so please contact the police and/or me if you see any of these books come through your store. My cell number is 714-349-9069.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017