As we told you a couple of weeks go, Grant Morrison and Rags Morales are getting an extra issue to finish his run on Action Comics, with Andy Diggle and Tony Daniel’s first issue delayed a month. We wrote;
So expect some kind of retro solicitation to come down the pipe. Once they’ve worked out exactly what Grant and Rags are doing.
Newsarama, who got the official word from DC, report;
Issue 17 will be delayed from February 6 to February 20, 2013, and goes down in price from $4.99 ($5.99 for digital combo pack) to $3.99/$4.99. It goes from 48 pages down to 40 pages as well. The issue will have a new cover by Rags Morales (plus a 1:100 black and white variant) and an order-based variant by Terry & Rachel Dodson.
The new final issue of Grant Morrison’s run with artists Rags Morales and Brad Walker is Action Comics #18, which will be 48 pages with a price of $4.99 ($5.99 combo). It will ship March 6, 2013, as originally solicited. The originally solicited cover for #17 now belongs to the new finale, while an order-based Paulo Rivera variant and a 1:100 black and white variant by Morales once again. DC is also offering a blank “We Can Be Heroes” variant cover to the finale.
DC promises the final issue by the Morrison/Morales team “is destined to be a milestone in The New 52” but isn’t providing anything more. The original solicitation text for #17 said the same.
Okay, let’s see what we can find out about that milestone…
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018