As we told you a couple of weeks go, Grant Morrison and Rags Morales are getting an extra issue to finish his run on Action Comics, with Andy Diggle and Tony Daniel’s first issue delayed a month. We wrote;
So expect some kind of retro solicitation to come down the pipe. Once they’ve worked out exactly what Grant and Rags are doing.
Newsarama, who got the official word from DC, report;
Issue 17 will be delayed from February 6 to February 20, 2013, and goes down in price from $4.99 ($5.99 for digital combo pack) to $3.99/$4.99. It goes from 48 pages down to 40 pages as well. The issue will have a new cover by Rags Morales (plus a 1:100 black and white variant) and an order-based variant by Terry & Rachel Dodson.
The new final issue of Grant Morrison’s run with artists Rags Morales and Brad Walker is Action Comics #18, which will be 48 pages with a price of $4.99 ($5.99 combo). It will ship March 6, 2013, as originally solicited. The originally solicited cover for #17 now belongs to the new finale, while an order-based Paulo Rivera variant and a 1:100 black and white variant by Morales once again. DC is also offering a blank “We Can Be Heroes” variant cover to the finale.
DC promises the final issue by the Morrison/Morales team “is destined to be a milestone in The New 52” but isn’t providing anything more. The original solicitation text for #17 said the same.
Okay, let’s see what we can find out about that milestone…
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017