Linda Ge writes for Bleeding Cool.
Here’s a twist to the current trend of pop stars getting in on the movie business through releasing part-documentary, part-concert films theatrically. This one looks to be part-fictional narrative and part-concert, and it stars not Justin Bieber, Katy Perry or One Direction, but Metallica.
Director Nimord Antal shot the band over the course of three nights in concert in Vancouver last summer, and the plot revolves around a young crew member – to be played by the fantastic star of Chronicle and future Amazing Spider-Man villain Dane DeHaan – sent out on an urgent errand while the band is on stage. No more details to the plot than that, but really, what else do you need?
Sounds like it could be awesome or, potentially, Family Guy parody level bad. In any case, it’s called Metallica Through The Never and it comes out on August 9th.
*Brendon’s note: Linda’s other joint. Also, this film sounds a bit like Entropy, but with more music.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015