Jimmy Palmiotti has curated a new art show at Stranger Factory, an art gallery in Albuquerque, entitled The Art Of Narrative, showing how art tells stories. Such as comics art.
Exhibitors include Gilbert Hernandez (Love and Rockets), Amanda Conner (Power Girl), Geoff Darrow (Shaolin Cowboy), Dave Taylor (Judge Dredd), Bill Ward (Torchy), Mike Mignola (Hellboy), Cliff Chiang (Wonder Woman), Brad Walker (Guardians of the Galaxy), John Buscema (Conan The Barbarian), Klaus Janson (Batman), Sanjulian (Devlin’s Luck), Raffa Garres (Wolverine), J.G. Jones (Wanted), Chris Sprouse (Tom Strong), Eduardo Risso (100 Bullets), and more. Such as Jimmy Palmiotti.
The opening reception is Friday, January 4th from 6 until 9, with Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner in attendance. Stranger Factory can be found at Nob Hill, Albuquerque, NM.
As well as the exhibition, Strange Factory is holding a two hour writing workshop with Palmiotti on January 6th, $50 a head. E-mail here for more.
Opening at the same time in the Project Room will be “Posthumous Menagerie”, a solo exhibition by fine artist and toy designer Brandt Peters, including the release of his third production colorway of his sofubi art toy, Stingy Jack. This “Old Timey” Jack colorway is limited to only 120 pieces, and will be offered at the show as an exclusive.
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017
- George Pérez Not At East Coast Comic Con Today, Amid Health Concerns - April 29, 2017
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017