Jimmy Palmiotti has curated a new art show at Stranger Factory, an art gallery in Albuquerque, entitled The Art Of Narrative, showing how art tells stories. Such as comics art.
Exhibitors include Gilbert Hernandez (Love and Rockets), Amanda Conner (Power Girl), Geoff Darrow (Shaolin Cowboy), Dave Taylor (Judge Dredd), Bill Ward (Torchy), Mike Mignola (Hellboy), Cliff Chiang (Wonder Woman), Brad Walker (Guardians of the Galaxy), John Buscema (Conan The Barbarian), Klaus Janson (Batman), Sanjulian (Devlin’s Luck), Raffa Garres (Wolverine), J.G. Jones (Wanted), Chris Sprouse (Tom Strong), Eduardo Risso (100 Bullets), and more. Such as Jimmy Palmiotti.
The opening reception is Friday, January 4th from 6 until 9, with Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner in attendance. Stranger Factory can be found at Nob Hill, Albuquerque, NM.
As well as the exhibition, Strange Factory is holding a two hour writing workshop with Palmiotti on January 6th, $50 a head. E-mail here for more.
Opening at the same time in the Project Room will be “Posthumous Menagerie”, a solo exhibition by fine artist and toy designer Brandt Peters, including the release of his third production colorway of his sofubi art toy, Stingy Jack. This “Old Timey” Jack colorway is limited to only 120 pieces, and will be offered at the show as an exclusive.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018