I initially amended the piece to clarify intent after talking to the publisher, and they approved of the amended version.
However, that wasn’t enough for most, with many continuing to take serious offence, which was never my intent. They believed I was taking cheap shots and making mock of the sick, which was the last thing on my mind.
There was sufficient enough of a split however. So I took a vote on Twitter over a five minute period. 18 votes for removing, 11 for keeping. One of the votes for removing was Larry Doherty… and if he is offended by something, then clearly there was an issue.
One reader told me if I removed the post I was not a journalist. Glad that’s settled then.
I never meant to give such offence. Not with this post anyway. If it was in the pursuit of some justified endeavour then maybe I’d have lived with it, but this was only ever meant to be a silly aside. A point of curiosity, which isn’t worth the pain it seems to have cause.
To those offended, I apologise to you wholeheartedly. To those not offended, I’m sure there will be something else to entertain you along in a minute.
- Marvel Comics Misgenders Its Own Superheroes In Marvel Book Previews - July 28, 2017
- Joe Quesada Lenticular Cover For Marvel Legacy #1 Is Now “Order All You Want” - July 28, 2017
- Simon Furman Announced To Write Robotech For Titan Comics - July 28, 2017
- Avatar Press Runs 75% Off ComiXology Sale: Jonathan Hickman, Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, And More - July 28, 2017
- Clive Barker Writing Nine Inch Nails Comics? Inside Heavy Metal Magazine’s Music Special - July 28, 2017