I initially amended the piece to clarify intent after talking to the publisher, and they approved of the amended version.
However, that wasn’t enough for most, with many continuing to take serious offence, which was never my intent. They believed I was taking cheap shots and making mock of the sick, which was the last thing on my mind.
There was sufficient enough of a split however. So I took a vote on Twitter over a five minute period. 18 votes for removing, 11 for keeping. One of the votes for removing was Larry Doherty… and if he is offended by something, then clearly there was an issue.
One reader told me if I removed the post I was not a journalist. Glad that’s settled then.
I never meant to give such offence. Not with this post anyway. If it was in the pursuit of some justified endeavour then maybe I’d have lived with it, but this was only ever meant to be a silly aside. A point of curiosity, which isn’t worth the pain it seems to have cause.
To those offended, I apologise to you wholeheartedly. To those not offended, I’m sure there will be something else to entertain you along in a minute.
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018