I initially amended the piece to clarify intent after talking to the publisher, and they approved of the amended version.
However, that wasn’t enough for most, with many continuing to take serious offence, which was never my intent. They believed I was taking cheap shots and making mock of the sick, which was the last thing on my mind.
There was sufficient enough of a split however. So I took a vote on Twitter over a five minute period. 18 votes for removing, 11 for keeping. One of the votes for removing was Larry Doherty… and if he is offended by something, then clearly there was an issue.
One reader told me if I removed the post I was not a journalist. Glad that’s settled then.
I never meant to give such offence. Not with this post anyway. If it was in the pursuit of some justified endeavour then maybe I’d have lived with it, but this was only ever meant to be a silly aside. A point of curiosity, which isn’t worth the pain it seems to have cause.
To those offended, I apologise to you wholeheartedly. To those not offended, I’m sure there will be something else to entertain you along in a minute.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017