Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
This was always inevitable. Only two days ago I was wondering when we would get an official announcement. It seems I didn’t have to wait long at all.
John Cohen, of Despicable Me success, has been hired as the producer on the upcoming Angry Birds movie, which will hit cinemas during the summer of 2016. Former Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel is also on board as executive producer.
Speaking of Marvel Studios, the film is going to be produced and financed by Rovio Entertainment. Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio Entertainment, said via the press release:
With John’s hands-on producer background and David´s expertise in establishing and running his own successful studio, these two are the dream team for making a movie outside the studio system. Both professionals have the ideal skills and vision to achieve incredible things.
So there you have it, Rovio Entertainment are now a movie production company.
Hed doesn’t exactly let on what these ‘incredible things’ are and if they will include anything outside of the Angry Birds franchise. But something tells me that I might be waiting a little while for an Amazing Alex movie.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015