How’s that for an early Christmas present? Rick Veitch draws the cover for the return of free counterculture broadsheet newspaper. Except it’s no longer free. But it does give you a lot for about five bucks. And includes an appreciation from Alan Moore…
GIANT-SIZED Broadsheet newspaper
Sixteen gigantic 15″ x 22.75″ pages (8 color, 8 b/w)
Available Dec. 22, 2012
After a four-year sabbatical, beloved revolutionary sweetheart Arthur returns to print, renewed, refreshed, reinvigorated and in a bold new format: pages as tall and wide as a daily newspaper on compostable newsprint, with ads only on the back cover(s). Amazing!
In partnership with Portland, Oregon’s Floating World Comics, Arthur’s gang of idiots, know-it-alls and village explainers are back, edited by ol’ fool Jay Babcock and art directed by Yasmin Khan.
This issue’s contents include…
Dream a Deeper Dream: A how-to conversation with cartoonist ROARIN’ RICK VEITCH
JACK ROSE: the definitive, career-spanning interview with this late great America guitarist, conducted by Brian Rademaekers just months before his death three years ago. Plus: Jack Rose discography compiled by Byron Coley, and an illustration of a classic Jack pose by Plastic Crimewave.
Stewart Voegtlin on WAYLON JENNINGS’ dark dream, with an illustration by Beaver
Columnist DAVE REEVES on bath salts and border guards, with an illustration by Arik Roper
Massive reviewage of underground culture by Bull Tongue columnists BYRON COLEY & THURSTON MOORE
Columnist NANCE KLEHM on new modes of exchange—and homemade smokes, with an illustration by Kira Mardikes
Cartoonist GABBY SCHULZ explores our interstate nightmare
The Center for Applied Magick on “The Magic(k) of Money” — and how YOU can win $1000 for planning a BANK ROBBERY!
and the proverbial much much more
Please keep in mind… Arthur is no longer distributed for free anywhere. Those days are (sadly) long gone. Now you gotta buy Arthur or you won’t see it. Our price: Five bucks pretty cheap!
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017