The central cast for Stephen King short story adaptation Mercy has been rounded out a little more with the casting of the two child leads.
The film is based on Gramma, one of the stories in King’s 1985 collection Skeleton Crew, and will tell the story of two young boys who go to live with their grandmother, as she is desperately ill and requires their mother as a full-time carer. Little do they realise that the family matriarch dabbles in black magic and made a dark deal some years ago which is ready to resurface.
Frances O’Connor is set the play the mother, and THR have reported that the two boys will be played by Chandler Riggs, who plays Carl Grimes on AMC’s The Walking Dead, and Super 8 star Joel Courtney.
The only main role yet to cast now is the grandmother. That’s the casting choice I’m most interested in; everyone loves a good villain.
The script for Mercy was penned by 1408 screenwriter Matt Greenberg, and the film will be directed by Peter Cornwell.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012