Cambridgeshire resident Becky Palmer, an illustration PhD student at Anglia Ruskin University, and Rosie Faragher, a Bristol-based artist, illustrator and writer.
The new comic will include a mixture of stories and puzzles produced by professional artists – including many Anglia Ruskin graduates – as well as contributions from young readers.
Becky, 30, who will launch the comic in the city today, said: “The magazine is a response to our feeling that there are very few good quality comics for 9-12-year-olds currently available in the UK. Also the range of stories, and the visuals used to tell them, is at present quite limited.
“Some excellent magazines started appearing a few years ago, such as Anorak and Okido, but nothing for the age range that we were interested in publishing for.”
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018