Cambridgeshire resident Becky Palmer, an illustration PhD student at Anglia Ruskin University, and Rosie Faragher, a Bristol-based artist, illustrator and writer.
The new comic will include a mixture of stories and puzzles produced by professional artists – including many Anglia Ruskin graduates – as well as contributions from young readers.
Becky, 30, who will launch the comic in the city today, said: “The magazine is a response to our feeling that there are very few good quality comics for 9-12-year-olds currently available in the UK. Also the range of stories, and the visuals used to tell them, is at present quite limited.
“Some excellent magazines started appearing a few years ago, such as Anorak and Okido, but nothing for the age range that we were interested in publishing for.”
- Speculator Corner: Digging Up The First Lockjaw Solo Comic - July 22, 2017
- Bill Adler’s ‘Letters To Batman’ From 1966 Republished As Fanmail ’66 - July 22, 2017
- DC Comics Variant Covers For August From Dale Keown, Emanuela Lupacchino, Frank Cho, And Stanley Artgerm Lau - July 22, 2017
- Video: Teen Wolf Cast Answers Questions About The Final 10 Episodes - July 22, 2017
- Can Stargate Really Work As A New Show Set In 1928? - July 22, 2017