I suppose a poster with the tagline, “You might get a bit spooked by this one,” wouldn’t be particularly eye-catching, so the marketing team for Fede Alvarez‘s Evil Dead have gone in the polar opposite direction of false modesty.
The first poster for the film debuted today over at Yahoo, and makes a rather bold statement over its very chic red-trimmed monochrome look.
Note how they’ve broken out the future continuous tense for this one: the Evil Dead remake will not only become the most terrifying movie you’ve seen so far, it is also scarier than any film that you will ever see in your lifetime, regardless of any future advances in filmmaking or storytelling. Might as well quit watching horror movies altogether after Evil Dead, because you’re never going to top this high.
I mock, but secretly I’m hoping that the movie will make good on this claim. There’s nothing I love more than emerging from a cinema as a blubbering, psychologically-ravaged wreck, all ready and pre-packaged for the therapist’s couch.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012