It appears that Andrew Garfield‘s Peter Parker may find himself in a love triangle of sorts in The Amazing Spider Man 2. Shailene Woodley, who was rather great in The Decendants, is in ‘early talks’ to take on a reimagined MJ.
Variety are reporting that the Golden Globe nominated actress is Sony’s favorite for the role and there are no complaints from me about it. The real question to be asked is “Is this to be a quick hand over from Emma Stone‘s Gwen Stacy ? Or are we in for a long standing love triangle?” Maybe this adds fuel to rumours of Gwen Stacey’s…well, you probably know what.
Stone isn’t even offically on the project yet but she has been in negotiations as of last week.
It also appears the studio have put out a casting call for Harry Osborn. It will be interesting to see how they introduce Harry as he is sometimes portrayed as Peter’s friend from before he is Spiderman. Peter didn’t make any mention of him in the first film, from what I remember, so it will be interesting to see if the two are already friends, become friends or never are friends.
Variety also strangely single out Electro as an option for the villain. This could be pure speculation, or it could be something more informed. It would seem weird to single him out for no reason.
I heard a lot of people speculate about Electro after the mid-credit scene because it had lots of lightening going on in the background. I was certain it was Norman Osborn but maybe the teenagers on certain movie forums know more than I ever will.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015