Fraggle Rock was a very interesting televisual creation from Jim Henson. Coming up to an anniversary however, there’s something missing.
Unbeknownst to many viewers, the bits of the show that they saw above the Rock differed from country to country. The USA got Doc, his workshop and Sprocket…
While the UK got The Captain, his lighthouse and Sprocket. France and Germany also got their own equivalents.
These days, when Fraggle Rock is repeated in the UK, they only show the US version. Partly due to legal and contractual reasons but also because… the UK versions of Fraggle Rock have been wiped.
It’s true, while most serious wipings of UK TV, losings episode of Doctor Who, Dad’s Army, Not Only But Also and much more took place in the sixties and seventies, Fraggle Rock is rather a recent victim of such short term thinking. Out of ninety-six episodes, only twelve of the UK versions have been found. The most likely place they could be found is on people’s VHS cassette tapes, which are being landfilled by the day.
The odds are that if you live in Britain, and you have a copy of an old Fraggle Rock on a video somewhere, then it is one of the missing episodes. If so, please, get in touch…
- The Brand Manager Who Really Wants To Talk About Robotech - May 25, 2017
- Another Seven Marvel Comics Get Exclusive Retailer Variant Covers For August - May 25, 2017
- Gendercrunching March 2017 – And The Eisner Awards Nominees - May 25, 2017
- Fewer Attendees, Fewer Comics Given Away, Fewer Participating Stores – Free Comic Book Day 2017 - May 25, 2017
- Shameless/Into The Badlands Writer/Producer LaToya Morgan Writes Zenescope’s Latest Robyn Hood Comic - May 25, 2017