Fraggle Rock was a very interesting televisual creation from Jim Henson. Coming up to an anniversary however, there’s something missing.
Unbeknownst to many viewers, the bits of the show that they saw above the Rock differed from country to country. The USA got Doc, his workshop and Sprocket…
While the UK got The Captain, his lighthouse and Sprocket. France and Germany also got their own equivalents.
These days, when Fraggle Rock is repeated in the UK, they only show the US version. Partly due to legal and contractual reasons but also because… the UK versions of Fraggle Rock have been wiped.
It’s true, while most serious wipings of UK TV, losings episode of Doctor Who, Dad’s Army, Not Only But Also and much more took place in the sixties and seventies, Fraggle Rock is rather a recent victim of such short term thinking. Out of ninety-six episodes, only twelve of the UK versions have been found. The most likely place they could be found is on people’s VHS cassette tapes, which are being landfilled by the day.
The odds are that if you live in Britain, and you have a copy of an old Fraggle Rock on a video somewhere, then it is one of the missing episodes. If so, please, get in touch…
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018