Fraggle Rock was a very interesting televisual creation from Jim Henson. Coming up to an anniversary however, there’s something missing.
Unbeknownst to many viewers, the bits of the show that they saw above the Rock differed from country to country. The USA got Doc, his workshop and Sprocket…
While the UK got The Captain, his lighthouse and Sprocket. France and Germany also got their own equivalents.
These days, when Fraggle Rock is repeated in the UK, they only show the US version. Partly due to legal and contractual reasons but also because… the UK versions of Fraggle Rock have been wiped.
It’s true, while most serious wipings of UK TV, losings episode of Doctor Who, Dad’s Army, Not Only But Also and much more took place in the sixties and seventies, Fraggle Rock is rather a recent victim of such short term thinking. Out of ninety-six episodes, only twelve of the UK versions have been found. The most likely place they could be found is on people’s VHS cassette tapes, which are being landfilled by the day.
The odds are that if you live in Britain, and you have a copy of an old Fraggle Rock on a video somewhere, then it is one of the missing episodes. If so, please, get in touch…
- They Destroyed the Moon – What Have the Justice League Done to the Earth? (Justice League #6 Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths and Rebirths of Infinity War #2 That Even the Characters Don’t Believe (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths of Extermination #1 – And A Brand New Revamp Of One Character (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Return to the Underwear-Outside-Trousers Explained in Batman #53 (SPOILERS) - August 15, 2018
- Batman: Damned Preview by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo – John Constantine Prefers Batman to Superman - August 15, 2018