Patrick Dane Writes For Bleeding Cool
David Gordon Green, best known, perhaps, as ‘that bloke that directed Pineapple Express and Your Highness‘, is in negotiations to direct Sony’s adaption of Laura Ingalls Wilder‘s Little House on the Prairie. I can already see your imaginations running to James Franco making weed jokes about farm life in the 19th century, but let me reign you in before you do.
Deadline say that Abi Morgan is set to write the screenplay. She is the writer of such barrel-of-laughs films and TV series as The Iron Lady, Shame and Sex Traffic.
While at first this couple might seem an odd pair, don’t forget that Green has directed at least four ‘serious’ films. Wile it’s possible that Morgan feels she wants to go into the comedy genre, I would say it’s more likely that Green is looking to return to ‘dramatic’ film.
I don’t think anyone else was particularly begging for this book to be made into a film right now, and you might suspect that 9 years of TV history would have covered whatever is necessary, but I’m sure that Sony are happy to have another known name to market.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015