Last night, we were informed by Stan Lee’s management that Stan would be unable to attend any upcoming appearances for the near future, including the Ohio Comic Con, as well as the “Authors Authors” Toledo-Lucas County Public Library appearance set for this Thursday, September 27th. We will let fans know more as we know more details. Refunds will be issued starting Monday for all VIP, Photo Ops and Autograph Tickets. We hope to have Stan back again soon at our New Orleans event.
“The only information we have at this point is that Mr. Lee can’t make it Sept. 27,” she said.
Library spokesman Susan Gibney said Mr. Lee’s agent did not give a specific reason for the cancellation, other than to say it was for “a very serious circumstance.”
The ninety-year old Stan Lee is still a major figure on the comic book scene, appearing at many shows each year and a high dollar attraction, with fans happy to pay three figures to meet the man for a brief moment. Just the other weekend, he appeared at the comic convention Stan Lee’s Comikaze, lending the venue his very name (right). He continues to launch and attach his name to a number of projects and, as has been reported from those who work on them, is very hands on as a capable editor, and appears on TV reality shows, sitcoms and cameos in Marvel movies.
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018
- Michael Davis, Keynote Speaker at Afro ComicCon on the War for Static Shock - October 19, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 19th October 2018 – The Crossover-Then-New-Writer Paradigm - October 19, 2018
- Spider-Man, Who?? The Psychology of Marvel Comics Vs. the Movies - October 19, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Lenticular, Foil and Black Bags - October 19, 2018