Last night, we were informed by Stan Lee’s management that Stan would be unable to attend any upcoming appearances for the near future, including the Ohio Comic Con, as well as the “Authors Authors” Toledo-Lucas County Public Library appearance set for this Thursday, September 27th. We will let fans know more as we know more details. Refunds will be issued starting Monday for all VIP, Photo Ops and Autograph Tickets. We hope to have Stan back again soon at our New Orleans event.
“The only information we have at this point is that Mr. Lee can’t make it Sept. 27,” she said.
Library spokesman Susan Gibney said Mr. Lee’s agent did not give a specific reason for the cancellation, other than to say it was for “a very serious circumstance.”
The ninety-year old Stan Lee is still a major figure on the comic book scene, appearing at many shows each year and a high dollar attraction, with fans happy to pay three figures to meet the man for a brief moment. Just the other weekend, he appeared at the comic convention Stan Lee’s Comikaze, lending the venue his very name (right). He continues to launch and attach his name to a number of projects and, as has been reported from those who work on them, is very hands on as a capable editor, and appears on TV reality shows, sitcoms and cameos in Marvel movies.
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons With Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018
- USA Reverses Decision, Approves Visa for Zerocalcare to Attend San Diego Comic-Con for Lion Forge - July 17, 2018