Last night, we were informed by Stan Lee’s management that Stan would be unable to attend any upcoming appearances for the near future, including the Ohio Comic Con, as well as the “Authors Authors” Toledo-Lucas County Public Library appearance set for this Thursday, September 27th. We will let fans know more as we know more details. Refunds will be issued starting Monday for all VIP, Photo Ops and Autograph Tickets. We hope to have Stan back again soon at our New Orleans event.
“The only information we have at this point is that Mr. Lee can’t make it Sept. 27,” she said.
Library spokesman Susan Gibney said Mr. Lee’s agent did not give a specific reason for the cancellation, other than to say it was for “a very serious circumstance.”
The ninety-year old Stan Lee is still a major figure on the comic book scene, appearing at many shows each year and a high dollar attraction, with fans happy to pay three figures to meet the man for a brief moment. Just the other weekend, he appeared at the comic convention Stan Lee’s Comikaze, lending the venue his very name (right). He continues to launch and attach his name to a number of projects and, as has been reported from those who work on them, is very hands on as a capable editor, and appears on TV reality shows, sitcoms and cameos in Marvel movies.
- I Appear To Be On My Way To MCM London Comic Con 2017… - May 27, 2017
- Daniel Ketchum’s Departure From X-Men Sends Out Shockwaves - May 26, 2017
- The List Of Objects Banned At Phoenix Comicon – What To Do With Your Proton Packs - May 26, 2017
- Your First Look At The Artwork Of Edge Of Venomverse #1 - May 26, 2017
- DC Comics Vs BBC International Over Flash Lights - May 26, 2017