Who was Lucille? An intelligent zombie? Someone resistant to zombification? Rick’s highschool sweetheart? Well those of you who have read The Walking Dead #100 (all 385,000 of you) know very well.
Bleeding Cool has mentioned that certain retailers are to receive, one per store, the fifteenth variant edition of The Walking Dead #100. And now we know that’s on the cover. Image has told retailers;
To our retail partners –
Last month, Image Comics released the 100th issue of The Walking Dead to near-universal acclaim and the biggest first week sales of a single comic book since 1997.
We couldn’t have done that without you.
When Robert Kirkman first launched The Walking Dead in 2003, orders were under 10,000. In fact, they were just a hair over 7,000. But we sold out immediately and within a few months, sales were moving upwards. Better still, thanks to your enthusiasm and support, sales have kept moving upwards – if not every month, then most months – and today, The Walking Dead is being ordered in quantities almost 10 times that of the first issue.
That’s a true success story – not just for Robert Kirkman and Image Comics, but for the entire Direct Market.
Everyone at Image, as well as Robert’s Skybound imprint, is incredibly appreciative of your hard work and support. We wouldn’t be here without you – this industry wouldn’t be here without you – and while we may not say it nearly often enough, we are eternally grateful for everything you do.
With that in mind, we’re sending you a special limited edition variant for The Walking Dead #100, signed by Robert, and featuring the now infamous Lucille. This is one of the rarest of all the variants for issue #100 and will not be available for order, and it’s our hope that it helps to convey our gratitude for your business and your continued support.
So again, from Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, everyone at Skybound Entertainment and Image Comics, and myself – THANK YOU.
I understand that these are limited to 500, and going to retailers with large orders and who increased their order the most for issue 100.
Who will be the first to eBay?
- “Marvel, I Hope You Beat DC Sales Wise Instore Again” – Rodman Comics On The Marvel ComicsPRO Controversy - February 21, 2017
- FULL Marvel Comics Solicitations For May 2017 With Commentary – Will You Pay $55 For Secret Empire In May? - February 21, 2017
- Anders Nilsen’s Cover For Fantagraphics’ Launch Of All Time Comics: Atlas In May 2017 - February 21, 2017
- A Comic Convention Like They Used To Be – The SD Comic Fest, Last Weekend - February 21, 2017
- The Statue Based On Frank Cho’s Wonder Woman Covers - February 21, 2017