Over 25 years later and I still found myself looking for the familiar notes in this trailer — and finding quite a few. As the debate in the forum suggests, it’s not an exact match to the Frank Miller original in terms of tone and texture, and I really wasn’t expecting it to be. But there’s enough evidence of an intent to be faithful to the spirit of the source material here that I will be checking this out when it hits.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
This is set on the East Coast, decades before the original. That’s right folks because, despite the “2″ in the title, this isn’t a sequel, it’s Before Black Kiss.
Here’s the solicitation for Green Lantern #13 from Diamond’s website;
Marvel appear to be releasing a number of teases this week. I wonder if we’ll get a WAID YU INCREDIBLE teaser from somewhere?
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Here’s the first trailer for The Dark Knight Returns. Like The Hobbit, this is going to be split into two movies. Okay, not like The Hobbit. But it’s worth pointing out, this trailer is just for the first film, the first half of the story.
At the end of The Avengers, Marvel used a little video interruption to the end credits to reveal an uber big bad figure, pulling strings from behind the scenes, and perhaps set up something for one of their future projects, a little.
Skyfall looks better at being a Bond film than I had at all expected. Indeed, this could end up being Sam Mendes‘ crowning glory. I guess there’s something to be said for learning and observing the conventions of a genre.
- Happy! Season 2: Making Easter Great Again with Weird Al and More Morrison Magic - October 6, 2018
- Mile High Pedigree Planet Comics Run Coming To ComicConnect Event Auction Beginning November 12 - October 5, 2018
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018
- Detective Comics #1-26 Reprinted At Last, Plus A “Shocking Revelation” Which Will Rewrite DC History - September 16, 2018