Here’s an activity which is going to occupy quite a lot of our time over the next year or so: piecing together how certain aspects of certain comic book storylines are going to fit into upcoming Marvel Studios films. Should be fun, particularly in these two cases.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Little Bleeder Doc Hurt writes with the accompanied shots from Batman Inc #3, to be held at comic stores tomorrow for a month due to concerns regarding sensitivity. The second image below is likely to be more of a spoiler. He writes;
Fourteen Thoughts About Fourteen Comics – Wolverine & The X-Men, Axe Cop, X-Treme X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, Prophet, The Manhattan Projects, Eternity, Justice League Dark, Crossed, Comedian, Debris, X-Treme X-Men, Avengers, And Hit-Girl
In Wolverine & X-Men, the artwork seems slightly off in places, Whilce Portacio anatomy put through a smoother filter, which doesn’t quite work – except for one aspect.
Because it’s Sunday, and to kick off Bleeding Cool’s quota of awesomeness for the new week, here’s a huge batch of cosplay pictures from San Diego Comic-Con.
M0st-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
The title card alone, when revealed in a flash at Comic-Con, pretty much cemented it: the next Captain America film is to take its cues from Ed Brubaker‘s Winter Soldier storyline.
We have verified that several scenes for Thor 2, the Marvel movieverse sequel set to get rolling in London and on nearby sound stages this summer, will be filmed underground. Alongside the film’s subtitle, The Dark World, this raises some interesting questions.
It was rumoured then rebuffed but now it’s on the table again, thanks to some very credible reporting.
- Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Sells for $2,052,000 After Bidding Resumes at Comic Connect - June 12, 2018
- Do Over: Multi-Million Dollar Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Back on the Auction Block Due to Technical Glitch - June 12, 2018
- [UPDATE, Sale Not Final] Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Sells for $2,007,500 at Comic Connect - June 11, 2018
- Universal Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon - April 25, 2018
- Another Take on The Hollywood Reporter Piece on Stan Lee’s Situation #StandByStan - April 10, 2018