New details have emerged regarding the “Untitled Nikola Tesla Project” that Christian Bale has been rumoured to lead since last year.
Bale and Tesla are not exactly strangers, as they “met” when the scientist was portrayed by David Bowie in Christopher Nolan’s The Prestige. If Bale does land the role, we can only hope that he does justice to the legendary Tesla moustache.
According to the article over at Blic, consolidating a previous story by Wild Rooster, Nicolas Cage is also in talks to star in the film as Thomas Edison. Previously announced cast members are Lolita Davidovich and Rade Serbedzija. Newell himself isn’t a definite fix for director, but has been offered the job and is “expected to accept the direction of the Nikola Tesla movie” after completing his work on Great Expectations.
The story will apparently also feature some modern day elements relating to a “technological crisis.”
There you have it: two actors and a director all hovering in the “probably-to-almost-certainly” level of attachment for Fragments of Olympus.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012