It’s robots vs. monsters in Guillermo Del Toro‘s Pacific Rim, a film in which humanity is forced to unleash enormous robots piloted by humans to face off against a wave of attacking monsters known as Kaiju. There’s little known about the film beyond the basic plot at the moment, but I believe that the Kaiju were originally very small creatures who were blown up to terrifying sizes by Rita Repulsa in her effort to conquer Earth.
Idris Elba plays the gloriously named Stacker Pentecost, who presumably will be behind the wheel of one of the robots. Moviehole have just uploaded a scan from this month’s Total Film, which shows the first shot of Elba in costume for the film. If you’re going to fight an invading menace of killer monsters, you’d better take a badass moustache along with you.
The issue of Total Film also includes an extensive interview with Del Toro on the making of the film and the effects used, so it’s probably worth taking a look at the next time you’re near a magazine rack. You can pick up your copy of Bleeding Cool magazine as well while you’re there. Just saying.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012