Very Important People is a relatively new Channel 4 impressions sketch show from Morgana Robinson and Terry Mynott targeting modern day celebrity. And in tonight’s episode, as well as a rather entertaining Charlie Brooker/David Mitchell sideswipe, they also went for Jonathan Ross and his Superfriends, Russell Brand and David Walliams, depicting them as comic book characters that Jonathan is creating as part of his…
Exactly. Terry plays Jonathan Ross and Walliams, Morgana plays Russell Brand, with a prosthetic chest.
Naturally the sketch owes a lot to nineteen sixtoes Batman, just in case the whole thing was not quite camp enough.
And they get to fight their mortal enemy, the Daily Mail.
Well, it seems to keep Jonathan happy… man I’d have liked to have dressed that set. I bet anyone reading this could have done a better version. Hell, I bet Jonathan would have done it himself, if they’d have asked.
Mid Life Crisis, Ho!
UPDATE: Jonathan Ross tweets: Just saw the sketch with me in on
#vip. Very funny and alarmingly accurate…
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017