Very Important People is a relatively new Channel 4 impressions sketch show from Morgana Robinson and Terry Mynott targeting modern day celebrity. And in tonight’s episode, as well as a rather entertaining Charlie Brooker/David Mitchell sideswipe, they also went for Jonathan Ross and his Superfriends, Russell Brand and David Walliams, depicting them as comic book characters that Jonathan is creating as part of his…
Exactly. Terry plays Jonathan Ross and Walliams, Morgana plays Russell Brand, with a prosthetic chest.
Naturally the sketch owes a lot to nineteen sixtoes Batman, just in case the whole thing was not quite camp enough.
And they get to fight their mortal enemy, the Daily Mail.
Well, it seems to keep Jonathan happy… man I’d have liked to have dressed that set. I bet anyone reading this could have done a better version. Hell, I bet Jonathan would have done it himself, if they’d have asked.
Mid Life Crisis, Ho!
UPDATE: Jonathan Ross tweets: Just saw the sketch with me in on
#vip. Very funny and alarmingly accurate…
- Shooting Venom On The Streets Of San Francisco - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018