Very Important People is a relatively new Channel 4 impressions sketch show from Morgana Robinson and Terry Mynott targeting modern day celebrity. And in tonight’s episode, as well as a rather entertaining Charlie Brooker/David Mitchell sideswipe, they also went for Jonathan Ross and his Superfriends, Russell Brand and David Walliams, depicting them as comic book characters that Jonathan is creating as part of his…
Exactly. Terry plays Jonathan Ross and Walliams, Morgana plays Russell Brand, with a prosthetic chest.
Naturally the sketch owes a lot to nineteen sixtoes Batman, just in case the whole thing was not quite camp enough.
And they get to fight their mortal enemy, the Daily Mail.
Well, it seems to keep Jonathan happy… man I’d have liked to have dressed that set. I bet anyone reading this could have done a better version. Hell, I bet Jonathan would have done it himself, if they’d have asked.
Mid Life Crisis, Ho!
UPDATE: Jonathan Ross tweets: Just saw the sketch with me in on
#vip. Very funny and alarmingly accurate…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017