ClownWatch: Where the Avengers came from.
ValiantWatch: Archer And Armstrong #1 gets a cover and preview.
SignWatch: Jock, Andy Belanger, Becky Cloonan, Trevor McCarthy, Conor McCreery, Anthony Del Col and Scott Snyder will be signing at Forbidden Planet in London on May 18th ahead of Kapow.
PRWatch: Marvel’s Bill Rosemann gets profiled by his Chatenooga local press.
On Friday nights before a football game at Notre Dame High School, Bill Rosemann would sneak away from the campus to visit the comic-book shop on Brainerd Road.
“Friday was new-comics day,” he said. “I would sneak off during that time between school and getting dressed out and then sit in my locker reading a comic book before the game. I was always known as ‘The Comic Book Guy.'”
KirbyWatch: Eric Stephenson talks corporate and creator.
At one point – and I’m paraphrasing here – someone says he never cared for Kirby’s artwork, so who gives cares if Marvel gave him a raw deal. There are people arguing they Kirby knew the deal when he “signed up” to work for Marvel, seemingly unaware of the fact that Stan Lee knew the deal as well, but was somehow rewarded differently. One commenter goes so far as to repeatedly insist Kirby was not involved in the creation of characters like The Avengers at all, despite the fact there is ample evidence to the contrary.
SuperWatch: Neal Adams mentions the figure offered to the Siegel/Shuster by DC, that was rejected.
1. I am told long after Jerry Siegel died, that Jerry and Joanne’s daughter Laura, accepted an offer of 3 million dollars in advance, plus 5 million dollars a year ongoing, and 6% royalty on product.
2. I am told, her lawyer would have received 4 or 5%.
3. I am told, for whatever reason, another lawyer came in, halted the final signing, and did or did not offer Laura 15 million dollars from an outside investor, and he, (the lawyer), would take over the negotiations.
4. I am told, that she did not receive the money.
5. I am told, that the new lawyer is to receive 40% of any money. (Can this be true?) I am not stating this as a fact, just repeating what I read in the public documents from the U.S. Court of Appeals.
6. JoAnne has died.
Who profits from all of this?
SignWatch: Geoff Johns and Jim Lee will be signing Justice League HC #1 this Friday, at Midtown Downtown in New York.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017