One of the organisers of the San Diego Comic Con told me that, rather than feeling put out by the Trickster pop up bar last year, they were rather pleased. If they’d tried to move a bunch of indie creators and publishers out of the show, in favour of higher paying vendors, they’d have been accused of being cultural philistines. Instead, the creators chose to do it themselves…
This year, the TR!CKSTER bar returns as TR!CK2TER, and moves across and up the hill slightly, to J Street and 8th, to take over the Wine Steals East Village restaurant/pub with bars to choose from, a rooftop terrace and the usual comics on sale, symposiums, panels, presentations, life art drawing events and the innovative approach that made Tr!ckster as memorable as San Diego Comic Con itself.
They will be raising funding with IndieGoGo… I expect some rather interesting rewards to be picked up…
- Marvel Comics Misgenders Its Own Superheroes In Marvel Book Previews - July 28, 2017
- Joe Quesada Lenticular Cover For Marvel Legacy #1 Is Now “Order All You Want” - July 28, 2017
- Simon Furman Announced To Write Robotech For Titan Comics - July 28, 2017
- Avatar Press Runs 75% Off ComiXology Sale: Jonathan Hickman, Alan Moore, Warren Ellis, And More - July 28, 2017
- Clive Barker Writing Nine Inch Nails Comics? Inside Heavy Metal Magazine’s Music Special - July 28, 2017