One of the organisers of the San Diego Comic Con told me that, rather than feeling put out by the Trickster pop up bar last year, they were rather pleased. If they’d tried to move a bunch of indie creators and publishers out of the show, in favour of higher paying vendors, they’d have been accused of being cultural philistines. Instead, the creators chose to do it themselves…
This year, the TR!CKSTER bar returns as TR!CK2TER, and moves across and up the hill slightly, to J Street and 8th, to take over the Wine Steals East Village restaurant/pub with bars to choose from, a rooftop terrace and the usual comics on sale, symposiums, panels, presentations, life art drawing events and the innovative approach that made Tr!ckster as memorable as San Diego Comic Con itself.
They will be raising funding with IndieGoGo… I expect some rather interesting rewards to be picked up…
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018