One of the organisers of the San Diego Comic Con told me that, rather than feeling put out by the Trickster pop up bar last year, they were rather pleased. If they’d tried to move a bunch of indie creators and publishers out of the show, in favour of higher paying vendors, they’d have been accused of being cultural philistines. Instead, the creators chose to do it themselves…
This year, the TR!CKSTER bar returns as TR!CK2TER, and moves across and up the hill slightly, to J Street and 8th, to take over the Wine Steals East Village restaurant/pub with bars to choose from, a rooftop terrace and the usual comics on sale, symposiums, panels, presentations, life art drawing events and the innovative approach that made Tr!ckster as memorable as San Diego Comic Con itself.
They will be raising funding with IndieGoGo… I expect some rather interesting rewards to be picked up…
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017