BuzzFocus has run an interview with Ben Jones, producer on the DC Nation show currently airing in the US. And they discovered a new character about to get the animated treatment.
BJ: The Amethyst shorts, Princess of Gemworld are designed by Brianne Drouhard who is American but is working with David Production who did Superman: Man of Tokyo shorts. She’s designed it with an anime influence, and David productions being a Japanese studio will bring their own influence into it as well. We have some Catwoman shorts being done in China by a studio called Wolf Smoke, that has a modern anime style.
BF: Ooh, Catwoman, now are we going to see the Darwyn Cooke costume or Jim Balent’s design from the 90’s?
BJ: No, Actually we’re going to see her in a new costume that they designed.
Catwoman had already appeared in the Aardman Animations short, bringing to life a young girl’s thoughts about her athletic abilities.
Here’s an example of Wolf Smoke’s previous cat-based work…
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018