BuzzFocus has run an interview with Ben Jones, producer on the DC Nation show currently airing in the US. And they discovered a new character about to get the animated treatment.
BJ: The Amethyst shorts, Princess of Gemworld are designed by Brianne Drouhard who is American but is working with David Production who did Superman: Man of Tokyo shorts. She’s designed it with an anime influence, and David productions being a Japanese studio will bring their own influence into it as well. We have some Catwoman shorts being done in China by a studio called Wolf Smoke, that has a modern anime style.
BF: Ooh, Catwoman, now are we going to see the Darwyn Cooke costume or Jim Balent’s design from the 90’s?
BJ: No, Actually we’re going to see her in a new costume that they designed.
Catwoman had already appeared in the Aardman Animations short, bringing to life a young girl’s thoughts about her athletic abilities.
Here’s an example of Wolf Smoke’s previous cat-based work…
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017