BuzzFocus has run an interview with Ben Jones, producer on the DC Nation show currently airing in the US. And they discovered a new character about to get the animated treatment.
BJ: The Amethyst shorts, Princess of Gemworld are designed by Brianne Drouhard who is American but is working with David Production who did Superman: Man of Tokyo shorts. She’s designed it with an anime influence, and David productions being a Japanese studio will bring their own influence into it as well. We have some Catwoman shorts being done in China by a studio called Wolf Smoke, that has a modern anime style.
BF: Ooh, Catwoman, now are we going to see the Darwyn Cooke costume or Jim Balent’s design from the 90’s?
BJ: No, Actually we’re going to see her in a new costume that they designed.
Catwoman had already appeared in the Aardman Animations short, bringing to life a young girl’s thoughts about her athletic abilities.
Here’s an example of Wolf Smoke’s previous cat-based work…
- Jae Lee And Brian Stelfreeze FOC Covers For Jim Henson And Victor LaValle.. - April 28, 2017
- A Box For Archie Comics’ Spider-Man Digests In Time for Spider-Man Homecoming - April 28, 2017
- Oh My Days! Bill Potts’ First Titan Comics Doctor Who Appearance, On Free Comic Book Day - April 28, 2017
- Just Five Exclusive Retailer Cover Variants From Marvel Again for July – X-Men, Deadpool, Guardians, Spider-Men And Secret Empire - April 28, 2017
- The Fate Of Kieron Gillen And Jamie McKelvie In Skottie Young’s I Hate Image Comics For Free Comic Book Day (SPOILERS) - April 28, 2017