We’ve already seen a few candid shots of Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean in Tom Hooper‘s film adaptation of Cameron Mackintosh’s musical Les Misérables. Now the actor has very excitedly tweeted the first official promotional still of Valjean, which is presumably from his grubby fugitive days. I certainly wouldn’t put my trust in any mayor who looked like this.
Jackman confirmed in the tweet that this is indeed from a scene early in the film, where Jean Valjean is a convict working in a chain gang. He also hints that we may be seeing more promotional stills in the near future.
Very excited about how the first days of filming are going!! Check out my convict look…but its changing soon.
Principle photography on Les Misérables began on March 8th, but from Jackman’s words it seems that the project is fully underway. The film will also feature Russell Crowe as the hard-edged Inspector Javert and Anne Hathaway as Fantine. It’s currently scheduledfor release on December 14th 2012. Those of you who have seen previous adaptations or read the book will know that it’s not exactly a merry Christmas tale, but as a weepy it can’t be beat and I personally can’t wait to have “One Day More” blasted at me in a surround-sound cinema.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012