Last year, Jeff Kinney, the author of Diary Of A Wimpy Kid took a restraining order against Antarctic Press for their publication of the comic Diary Of A Zombie Kid on trademark grounds. Antarctic Press complied with the order, and the comic disappeared from the shelves, while the two negotiated.
But they’d already lined up a Diary Of A Zombie Kid Free Comic Book Day title, and most presumed that this would vanish as well.
But while other titles from other publishers were dropped for a variety of reasons, Diary Of A Zombie Kid was rather tenacious and stayed around.
This might be why. It appears that the book will drop the “Diary Of A” part of the title, going with just Zombie Kid, and use a trade dress and cover that is not so obviously copied from the original. This will address the trademarks concerns, and the book will see publication again!
Doesn’t it make a nice change for people to work these things through?
- After Sixty Years, André Franquin’s Gaston To Be (Finally) Translated Into English, As Gomer Goof - February 19, 2017
- Watching Apple Tree Yard: Sex, Lies And Video Tape - February 19, 2017
- 88 Photos And Videos From New York Toy Fair 2017 Day One - February 19, 2017
- 52 Stories From ComicsPRO – Time To Catch Up On What You Missed Out On - February 18, 2017
- Cover Stories: Red Sonja To Riverdale To Robotech, From J Scott Campbell, Artgerm And More - February 18, 2017