Last year, Jeff Kinney, the author of Diary Of A Wimpy Kid took a restraining order against Antarctic Press for their publication of the comic Diary Of A Zombie Kid on trademark grounds. Antarctic Press complied with the order, and the comic disappeared from the shelves, while the two negotiated.
But they’d already lined up a Diary Of A Zombie Kid Free Comic Book Day title, and most presumed that this would vanish as well.
But while other titles from other publishers were dropped for a variety of reasons, Diary Of A Zombie Kid was rather tenacious and stayed around.
This might be why. It appears that the book will drop the “Diary Of A” part of the title, going with just Zombie Kid, and use a trade dress and cover that is not so obviously copied from the original. This will address the trademarks concerns, and the book will see publication again!
Doesn’t it make a nice change for people to work these things through?
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017