Last year, Jeff Kinney, the author of Diary Of A Wimpy Kid took a restraining order against Antarctic Press for their publication of the comic Diary Of A Zombie Kid on trademark grounds. Antarctic Press complied with the order, and the comic disappeared from the shelves, while the two negotiated.
But they’d already lined up a Diary Of A Zombie Kid Free Comic Book Day title, and most presumed that this would vanish as well.
But while other titles from other publishers were dropped for a variety of reasons, Diary Of A Zombie Kid was rather tenacious and stayed around.
This might be why. It appears that the book will drop the “Diary Of A” part of the title, going with just Zombie Kid, and use a trade dress and cover that is not so obviously copied from the original. This will address the trademarks concerns, and the book will see publication again!
Doesn’t it make a nice change for people to work these things through?
- Warsaw Withdraws Comics Festival Funding After Publisher Gives Out Book Mocking Polish Nationalism - May 28, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – May 28th, 2017 – World’s Greatest Detective Comics - May 28, 2017
- Will Marvel Comics Succumb To Warren Ellis’ Nazi Pitch? - May 28, 2017
- Jae Lee’s New Creator Owned Comic Announced At Phoenix Comic Con – Fey - May 28, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 28th May 2017 – What’s Going On? - May 28, 2017