Last year, Jeff Kinney, the author of Diary Of A Wimpy Kid took a restraining order against Antarctic Press for their publication of the comic Diary Of A Zombie Kid on trademark grounds. Antarctic Press complied with the order, and the comic disappeared from the shelves, while the two negotiated.
But they’d already lined up a Diary Of A Zombie Kid Free Comic Book Day title, and most presumed that this would vanish as well.
But while other titles from other publishers were dropped for a variety of reasons, Diary Of A Zombie Kid was rather tenacious and stayed around.
This might be why. It appears that the book will drop the “Diary Of A” part of the title, going with just Zombie Kid, and use a trade dress and cover that is not so obviously copied from the original. This will address the trademarks concerns, and the book will see publication again!
Doesn’t it make a nice change for people to work these things through?
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018