Last year, Jeff Kinney, the author of Diary Of A Wimpy Kid took a restraining order against Antarctic Press for their publication of the comic Diary Of A Zombie Kid on trademark grounds. Antarctic Press complied with the order, and the comic disappeared from the shelves, while the two negotiated.
But they’d already lined up a Diary Of A Zombie Kid Free Comic Book Day title, and most presumed that this would vanish as well.
But while other titles from other publishers were dropped for a variety of reasons, Diary Of A Zombie Kid was rather tenacious and stayed around.
This might be why. It appears that the book will drop the “Diary Of A” part of the title, going with just Zombie Kid, and use a trade dress and cover that is not so obviously copied from the original. This will address the trademarks concerns, and the book will see publication again!
Doesn’t it make a nice change for people to work these things through?
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017
- Disillusionment With Comics Almost Made Me Give Them Up For Good - August 19, 2017