I can’t express how difficult it was to come up with a non-exploitative headline for this story. The fact is, it’s difficult to sum up the plot of Turn Me On, Dammit! without at some point using the words “horny teenage girl”.
Turn Me On, Dammit! is a Norwegian drama-comedy about a 15 year-old girl called Alma (Helene Bergsholm) who spends her days fantasising about one thing, and one thing only. It proposes the notion that teenage boys and teenage girls actually share mutual interests, despite the misconceptions perpetuated in popular media that reinforce outdated ideals of female adolescents as mysterious creatures with little in common with their male counterparts.
Oh fine, it’s about sex. Hot teenage sex. Honestly, why do I bother? Here’s the trailer.
In all seriousness, the film looks excellent and has received extremely positive reviews during its global tour of film festivals. It premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival in April last year, but there’s no word yet of a UK release date. It was written and directed by Jannicke Systad Jacobsen, based on the novel by Olaug Nilssen, and also stars Matias Myren as Alma’s love interest Artur.
Trailer courtesy of Apple.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012