Upgrade! UK actress Freema Agyeman is moving from a cramped (albeit magical) phonebooth to the Manhattan elite as Deadline reports the Doctor Who actress has joined the cast of The CW’s new series The Carrie Diaries, which follows a teenage, pre-Sex and the City Carrie Bradshaw as she navigates high school and Manhattan in the 1980s.
Here’s who’s who in the series based on Candice Bushnell’s book: AnnaSophia Robb takes the title role as the younger version of the New York icon made famous by Sarah Jessica Parker in the original HBO series, while Austin Butler will be male lead Sebastian, who breaks Carrie’s heart for the first time. Katie Findlay and Ellen Wong are her best girlfriends and Brendan Dooling will play her best guy friend, who struggles with coming out. Stefania Owen will play her little sister, and Agyeman will play Larissa, a hip, party-hard editor at Interview Magazine who mentors Carrie as a young aspiring writer.
No word yet if other familiar faces from Sex and the City, particularly Carrie’s three best friends Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha, will start showing up. The temptation must be overwhelming so I have to believe we’ll get at least a couple of cameos before the first season wraps.
The show is being developed by Gossip Girl producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, so you know it’ll have that particular so-bad-it’s-good watchability. I watched every episode of Sex and the City (and both movies), and I will be tuning in to this. No regrets.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015