The London Super Comic Con may have Stan Lee at the end of the month. But Kapow, the Mark Millar themed comic convention funded by CLiNT publisher Titan on the 19th and 20th of May, has Marvel’s current Chief Creative Officer, Joe Quesada.
Joe is the biggest American guest, joined by Talent Director CB Cebulski (who will hopefully make it this year), along with Terry Dodson and Image publisher Eric Stephenson (who is so Anglophilic, he might as well live here) and Nick Spencer (who is so Anglophilic, he does live here).
Other names include Warren Ellis, whose convention going of late has been an hour or two at the MCM London Expo, and the same at San Diego, French artist Olivier Coipel, and familiar names Frank Quitely, Charlie Adlard, Bryan Hitch, Dave Gibbons, Paul Cornell, Kieron Gillen, Peter Milligan, Sean Phillips, Ian Churchill, Andy Diggle, Jock, Steve Parkhouse, Mike Carey, Glenn Fabry, Paul Grist, David Lloyd, Rob Williams, Steve Yeowell, Doug Braithwaite, Rian Hughes, Matt Smith (the 2000AD editor), Shaky Kane, John McCrea, David Hine, Adi Granov, Simon Furman, Chris Weston, James Hodgkins, Peter Hogan, Si Spurrier… oh and Mark Millar.
Also, Kapow promises CliNT contributors and comedians Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle (though the later didn’t make it last year because, apparently, he couldn’t be bothered).
There have been some delays announcing the guest list, that seems to be due to circumstances for some people changing. Still, with Joe alone, they’ll get a crowd. It’s been a while since Joe did a UK show, but he’s always found an appreciative audience here.
Even if the pizzas were a bit small.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – Thor, Cable, Batman And Rugrats In A Comic Show - October 17, 2017
- How Did Unknown Creator David Jesus Vignolli Get Boom! To Publish His Comic A Girl In The Himalayas? He Just Sent It In… - October 17, 2017
- Major Misprint On Mighty Thor #700… Will Marvel Recall Copies? - October 17, 2017
- How DC Comics Is Opposing The Superman Jesus Trademark Of Stacey Lee - October 17, 2017
- Now Raina Telgemeier’s Drama Banned In An Entire Educational District In Texas - October 17, 2017