The London Super Comic Con may have Stan Lee at the end of the month. But Kapow, the Mark Millar themed comic convention funded by CLiNT publisher Titan on the 19th and 20th of May, has Marvel’s current Chief Creative Officer, Joe Quesada.
Joe is the biggest American guest, joined by Talent Director CB Cebulski (who will hopefully make it this year), along with Terry Dodson and Image publisher Eric Stephenson (who is so Anglophilic, he might as well live here) and Nick Spencer (who is so Anglophilic, he does live here).
Other names include Warren Ellis, whose convention going of late has been an hour or two at the MCM London Expo, and the same at San Diego, French artist Olivier Coipel, and familiar names Frank Quitely, Charlie Adlard, Bryan Hitch, Dave Gibbons, Paul Cornell, Kieron Gillen, Peter Milligan, Sean Phillips, Ian Churchill, Andy Diggle, Jock, Steve Parkhouse, Mike Carey, Glenn Fabry, Paul Grist, David Lloyd, Rob Williams, Steve Yeowell, Doug Braithwaite, Rian Hughes, Matt Smith (the 2000AD editor), Shaky Kane, John McCrea, David Hine, Adi Granov, Simon Furman, Chris Weston, James Hodgkins, Peter Hogan, Si Spurrier… oh and Mark Millar.
Also, Kapow promises CliNT contributors and comedians Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle (though the later didn’t make it last year because, apparently, he couldn’t be bothered).
There have been some delays announcing the guest list, that seems to be due to circumstances for some people changing. Still, with Joe alone, they’ll get a crowd. It’s been a while since Joe did a UK show, but he’s always found an appreciative audience here.
Even if the pizzas were a bit small.
- Sherlock Holmes And John Watson – A Boy, His Bear And Endless Adventures - January 16, 2017
- The Bleeding Cool Dad & Kid Reviews: LadyCastle #1, Bad Machinery: The Case of the Unknown Visitor - January 15, 2017
- Yes, That Was Paul Weller In Tonight’s Series Finale Of Sherlock (No Spoilers) - January 15, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 15th January 2017 – Concern About The Comic Book National Debt - January 15, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 15th January 2016 – “DC Continues To Sell Circles Around Marvel” - January 15, 2017