Hollywood Reporter has broken the story tonite that Robert Kirkman has been sued by longtime collaborator Tony Moore over the particulars and profits of their agreement regarding the Walking Dead:
Moore says he was duped into assigning his interest in the material over to Kirkman, who has since gone on to fame and fortune. Moore, on the other hand, has received very little compensation and has not be able to access profit statements from propoerties including Walking Dead, he says.
Moore claims that in 2005, Kirkman and his agents devised a scheme to fraudulently induce him to assign his copyright interests over to Kirkman’s company. Moore, who grew up with Kirkman and worked together on several projects, claims he signed a deal granting him 60 percent of “Comic Publishing Net Proceeds” in connection with Walking Dead and another project called Brit; 20 percent of “motion picture net proceeds” in connection withWalking Dead and Brit; and 50 percent of “motion picture net proceeds” from another project called Battle Pope.
But Moore says he hasn’t received much revenue nor any profit statements from Kirkman or his company, despite the success of his projects. “Indeed, they have not issued a single statement or allowed access to their books and records in accordance with the reporting obligations of the agreement,” the complaint alleges.
Kirkman’s attorney Allen Grodzky tells THR that the case is “totally frivolous. Mr. Moore is owed no money at all. And Mr. Moore’s contract has an attorneys’ fees clause in it so we will be going after him to collect attorneys’ fees. We are taking this matter very seriously.”
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016
- Mantis, Baby Groot, And 60+ Screencaps From The New Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Trailer - December 3, 2016