And with those golden words, the BBC has signed up to a new Russell T Davies TV show, Aliens Vs Wizards for their children’s CBBC channel, something he has previously described as a “small committment”.
Revealed by his agent’s website, he is also listed as creating the show with Doctor Who writer and Sarah Jane Adventures head writer Phil Ford.
But BBC insiders tell me Ford is not alone in that and much of the crew to Sarah Jane Adventures, which finished half way through its fifth series after the death of lead actress Elizabeth Sladen, are working on the show.
The series is being written by familiar Sarah Jane Adventures writers including Gareth Roberts and Joseph Lidster, is set in the present day and will follow the Sarah Jane Adventures formula of twelve two part half hour episodes.
Oh, and a second series has already been commissioned by the BBC before the first has been properly announced.
The agent also lists Star Lost as a twenty-five minute pilot from Russell T Davies for BBC Worldwide… so we can expect some BBC America action on that.
- Will You Pay an Extra Dollar to Commemorate a Dead Guardian Of The Galaxy? - September 21, 2018
- Marvel to Preview Age Of Star Wars With Free Magazine - September 21, 2018
- Ch-Ch-Changes to Vault Of Spiders, Captain Marvel Hallowe’en Spooktacular and Avengers: Hallowe’en Special - September 21, 2018
- You May Not ‘Color Your Own X-Men’ Any More – But Why? - September 21, 2018
- Daily LITG – 21st September 2018 – Sliding Down The Bat Pole to Thought Bubble - September 21, 2018