And with those golden words, the BBC has signed up to a new Russell T Davies TV show, Aliens Vs Wizards for their children’s CBBC channel, something he has previously described as a “small committment”.
Revealed by his agent’s website, he is also listed as creating the show with Doctor Who writer and Sarah Jane Adventures head writer Phil Ford.
But BBC insiders tell me Ford is not alone in that and much of the crew to Sarah Jane Adventures, which finished half way through its fifth series after the death of lead actress Elizabeth Sladen, are working on the show.
The series is being written by familiar Sarah Jane Adventures writers including Gareth Roberts and Joseph Lidster, is set in the present day and will follow the Sarah Jane Adventures formula of twelve two part half hour episodes.
Oh, and a second series has already been commissioned by the BBC before the first has been properly announced.
The agent also lists Star Lost as a twenty-five minute pilot from Russell T Davies for BBC Worldwide… so we can expect some BBC America action on that.
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018
- Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat to Adapt Own Doctor Who Episodes as Target Novelisations - February 23, 2018
- Return of Bruce Banner Hulk in Avengers #684 Tops Advance Reorders - February 23, 2018
- Calexit: The Comic Book That Is Killing Steve Bannon - February 23, 2018