In the war-torn Britain during the Blitz, the Doctor and a ginger version of the kid from Stuart Little find a magical snow-covered forest inside a wardrobe in an old house.
Oh alright, so maybe it’s a cardboard box and not a wardrobe, and perhaps the omnipotent Jesus-lion has been replaced by Bill Bailey in an eccentric outfit, but the first thought that popped into my head when I saw this new promo for the Doctor Who Christmas Special was “Narnia”, and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one.
If you think I’m seeing things, then check out this prequel minisode, winkingly entitled The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe.
Want to see more? Here are two more clips from the Christmas Special that we posted last week. The episode will air on BBC One on Christmas Day at 7PM.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012