Jim Zubavich, co-creator of the Image comic Skullkickers, received the following email…
Hello, Mr. Zub. My name is the Roman, and I the big fan of Skullkickers.
I from Russia, and at us don’t sell the American comics, therefore it is necessary to read them with сканов. Certainly, this piracy, but we can’t do anything with it.
In our network there are such sites which translate comics into Russian, using these scans, for those Russians who don’t know English (we do not receive money from it, all becomes simply how a hobby). I enter into a command of one of them and I translate Skullkickers: I rub clean clouds and I insert the Russian text, I alter various inscriptions and sounds by means of a photoshop, etc. With a large quantity of these inscriptions, it to do hard enough and consequently I wanted to ask you, you couldn’t give me personally empty pages, without lettering and sounds? I understand that it, probably, the most foolish request from which to you addressed, after all of us do, in general, illegally though we do not receive any profit, but I hope that not English-speaking readers of comics have possibility to receive beautifully issued on Russian Skullkickers.
Yours faithfully to you and with love to Skullkickers, Roman.
I am sorry for my very bad English, but I not the translator, and it is machine translation.
How many pirates have the courtesy to ask the creators of said material for high quality versions of the material to pirate?
I tell you what though, I think Jim is thinking about it…
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017