Jim Zubavich, co-creator of the Image comic Skullkickers, received the following email…
Hello, Mr. Zub. My name is the Roman, and I the big fan of Skullkickers.
I from Russia, and at us don’t sell the American comics, therefore it is necessary to read them with сканов. Certainly, this piracy, but we can’t do anything with it.
In our network there are such sites which translate comics into Russian, using these scans, for those Russians who don’t know English (we do not receive money from it, all becomes simply how a hobby). I enter into a command of one of them and I translate Skullkickers: I rub clean clouds and I insert the Russian text, I alter various inscriptions and sounds by means of a photoshop, etc. With a large quantity of these inscriptions, it to do hard enough and consequently I wanted to ask you, you couldn’t give me personally empty pages, without lettering and sounds? I understand that it, probably, the most foolish request from which to you addressed, after all of us do, in general, illegally though we do not receive any profit, but I hope that not English-speaking readers of comics have possibility to receive beautifully issued on Russian Skullkickers.
Yours faithfully to you and with love to Skullkickers, Roman.
I am sorry for my very bad English, but I not the translator, and it is machine translation.
How many pirates have the courtesy to ask the creators of said material for high quality versions of the material to pirate?
I tell you what though, I think Jim is thinking about it…
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017