The solicitation for the trade paperback says it all.
DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS VOL. 1 TP
Writers: Paul Jenkins, Dan DiDio and Jerry Ordway
Artists: Bernard Chang and Jerry Ordway
Collects: DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS #1-8
$16.99 US, 176 pg
With a Deadman story currently running in DC Universe Presents by Paul Jenkins and Bernard Chang from issues 1 to 5, I think we can presume a three part story written by Dan DiDio and Jerry Ordway and drawn by Jerry too…
Mind you another solicitation…
BLACKHAWKS VOL. 1 TP
Writer: Mike Costa
Artists: Ken Lashley, Graham Nolan, Norm Rapmund, Alessandro Vitti, Cafu and Bit
Collects: BLACKHAWKS #1-7
$14.99 US, 160 pg
…still lists Marvel exclusive artist Alessandro Vitti. I wonder what’s going on there.
And in a purely speculative notion, is the reason that Wonder Woman is missed off the collection list, because they have an unannounced creative change to make, and would rather not do it in this fashion?
UPDATE: DC suddenly posts on their blog;
A spotlight series starring a different hero in each story arc, DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS will be getting a new creative team with issue 6 – co-writers Dan DiDio and Jerry Ordway, with Ordway providing art. After the conclusion of the current, paranormal narrative starring DEADMAN, DiDio and Ordway will explore a science-fiction setting with a new take on CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN – created by the legendary Jack Kirby.
DiDio is no stranger to adapting Kirby’s work for DC COMICS-THE NEW 52, having written the critically acclaimed sleeper hit O.M.A.C., which is drawn with a distinct Kirby-flair by Keith Giffen.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018