French magazine Le Figaro has reported on how Tintin covers to a number of books are being recreated for the American market in the light of the new movie.
They report that publisher Little Brown has given them a “more immediate to the link between the film and album”
Which means that Tintin must be the main character on the visual and the cover must be dynamically focused, but it must use the original art… somehow.
So The Secret Of The Unicorn removes… the Unicorn. Red Rackham’s Treasure loses much of the ocean environment. And the colours are more.. distinct.
Will this work? Is it a dumbing down? Will anybody care? And will this do the seemingly impossible – sell Tintin comics to America?
- Marvel’s Hasbro Panel At San Diego Comic-Con In 85 Photos - July 22, 2017
- New Thor: Ragnarok Poster Released To Dazzle The Senses - July 22, 2017
- Miracleman Is Coming. Just Not Yet. Wait. - July 22, 2017
- Motor Crush #9 Will Be A Flashback Issue Drawn By Cameron Stewart With Babs Tarr On Colours - July 22, 2017
- Yes, Frank Castle Is 100% Putting On The War Machine Armour For Marvel Legacy - July 22, 2017