French magazine Le Figaro has reported on how Tintin covers to a number of books are being recreated for the American market in the light of the new movie.
They report that publisher Little Brown has given them a “more immediate to the link between the film and album”
Which means that Tintin must be the main character on the visual and the cover must be dynamically focused, but it must use the original art… somehow.
So The Secret Of The Unicorn removes… the Unicorn. Red Rackham’s Treasure loses much of the ocean environment. And the colours are more.. distinct.
Will this work? Is it a dumbing down? Will anybody care? And will this do the seemingly impossible – sell Tintin comics to America?
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017