French magazine Le Figaro has reported on how Tintin covers to a number of books are being recreated for the American market in the light of the new movie.
They report that publisher Little Brown has given them a “more immediate to the link between the film and album”
Which means that Tintin must be the main character on the visual and the cover must be dynamically focused, but it must use the original art… somehow.
So The Secret Of The Unicorn removes… the Unicorn. Red Rackham’s Treasure loses much of the ocean environment. And the colours are more.. distinct.
Will this work? Is it a dumbing down? Will anybody care? And will this do the seemingly impossible – sell Tintin comics to America?
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017