I was party to a number of Avatar Press international licences over the past two years, especially in France. It’s a big comics market, publishers pay more for licenses there than in any other country, and competition is fierce. The French language rights to Crossed by Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows went to a publisher who has gone to wonderful lengths publishing rather classy volumes of what is, let’s be fare, a litany of human filth.
But how to promote a comic to the French press? Something classy, something erudite, something high minded. Like a clingfilmed supermarket-style tray full of blood and a knife.
Yeah that will do it. And here’s how the company involved did it as well…
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017
- Gosh Comics Celebrates Pride London With Dazzling Window Display - June 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con SDCC Exclusives: Myopia Pins For Dynamite Comic Book - June 24, 2017
- Is This Comic Outlaws’ Most Offensive Social Media Post Yet? - June 24, 2017
- No, Marvel Are Not Changing The Comic Book Industry. But DC Comics Might Be. - June 24, 2017