I was party to a number of Avatar Press international licences over the past two years, especially in France. It’s a big comics market, publishers pay more for licenses there than in any other country, and competition is fierce. The French language rights to Crossed by Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows went to a publisher who has gone to wonderful lengths publishing rather classy volumes of what is, let’s be fare, a litany of human filth.
But how to promote a comic to the French press? Something classy, something erudite, something high minded. Like a clingfilmed supermarket-style tray full of blood and a knife.
Yeah that will do it. And here’s how the company involved did it as well…
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017