I was party to a number of Avatar Press international licences over the past two years, especially in France. It’s a big comics market, publishers pay more for licenses there than in any other country, and competition is fierce. The French language rights to Crossed by Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows went to a publisher who has gone to wonderful lengths publishing rather classy volumes of what is, let’s be fare, a litany of human filth.
But how to promote a comic to the French press? Something classy, something erudite, something high minded. Like a clingfilmed supermarket-style tray full of blood and a knife.
Yeah that will do it. And here’s how the company involved did it as well…
- Over 200 Comic Stores Running Black Friday 2017 Deals Today - November 24, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017