I was party to a number of Avatar Press international licences over the past two years, especially in France. It’s a big comics market, publishers pay more for licenses there than in any other country, and competition is fierce. The French language rights to Crossed by Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows went to a publisher who has gone to wonderful lengths publishing rather classy volumes of what is, let’s be fare, a litany of human filth.
But how to promote a comic to the French press? Something classy, something erudite, something high minded. Like a clingfilmed supermarket-style tray full of blood and a knife.
Yeah that will do it. And here’s how the company involved did it as well…
- Frank Miller is Coming to MCM London Comic Con – but You’ll Pay $150 to See Him - July 20, 2018
- New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker Surprises ‘Her Universe’ Fashion Show at SDCC - July 19, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #1, Tony Stark: Iron Man #2, and Immortal Hulk #3 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - July 19, 2018
- Jodie Whittaker’s New Sonic Screwdriver Revealed at San Diego Comic-Con – and Where You Can Buy It - July 19, 2018
- Titans TV Series for DC Universe Will Drop 10 Episodes at Once Like Netflix - July 19, 2018