I was party to a number of Avatar Press international licences over the past two years, especially in France. It’s a big comics market, publishers pay more for licenses there than in any other country, and competition is fierce. The French language rights to Crossed by Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows went to a publisher who has gone to wonderful lengths publishing rather classy volumes of what is, let’s be fare, a litany of human filth.
But how to promote a comic to the French press? Something classy, something erudite, something high minded. Like a clingfilmed supermarket-style tray full of blood and a knife.
Yeah that will do it. And here’s how the company involved did it as well…
- I’ll Be At The London Film And Comic-Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017
- Second Printings For Generation Gone, Generations: Hulks, Snotgirl, Shirtless Bear Fighter, And Edge Of Venomverse - July 27, 2017