I was party to a number of Avatar Press international licences over the past two years, especially in France. It’s a big comics market, publishers pay more for licenses there than in any other country, and competition is fierce. The French language rights to Crossed by Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows went to a publisher who has gone to wonderful lengths publishing rather classy volumes of what is, let’s be fare, a litany of human filth.
But how to promote a comic to the French press? Something classy, something erudite, something high minded. Like a clingfilmed supermarket-style tray full of blood and a knife.
Yeah that will do it. And here’s how the company involved did it as well…
- Ask For Mercy: A New Comic From Richard Starkings And Abz-J-Harding - September 26, 2017
- Fifteen Big Spoilers For Tomorrow’s Marvel Legacy #1 – In Order Of Spoileriness - September 26, 2017
- What Titan Comics’ Doctor Might Look Like In 2018 - September 26, 2017
- Titan Comics’ Under Gets A Preview – And A James Stokoe’s B&W Cover - September 26, 2017
- Preview: The Spirit Of Will Eisner Newspaper From Sean Phillips, Jonathan Ross, Bryan Hitch, Seth, Ed Brubaker And More - September 26, 2017