As a result of the DC/Warner Bros licence, Mattel is putting the current DC Classics line of six inch action fugures out to pasture in response to the New 52 rebranding. Itwas announced at the recent San Diego Comic Con International that the DC Universe Classics toyline would be ending its run at retail stores, and replaced with a new, child-focused line of toys refelecting the new looks.
However Mattel has put together a subscription program called DC Club Infinite Earths to make use of the work they’ve already done which they had to abandon, and to fund a small specialiast line. They are able to package the figures to online consumers as a “book of the month” kind of deal. You sign up for $30 and they’ll keep sending one “Classic” figure to you throughout 2012, including one exclusive figure. You don’t get to choose, you just get whatever they send. Four of the first thirteen figures would also be oversized, and Mattel will accept votes for the first such figure.
The first four standard sized figures will be Atrocitus, Jay Garrick, Starman and Poison Ivy, sculpted by The Four Horsemen. The first oversized figure will be either Rocket Red, Shaggy Man, Metron (in chair) or the Black Lantern Swamp Thing, and votes are being taken here.
If enough people will sign up, the subscription will go ahead, and non-exclusive fiugures will also be sold online. But if not enough people subscribe… it won’t.
The deadline is midnight on Monday.
- A G-Rated Deadpool… - August 18, 2018
- Unboxing Firefly’s May 2018 Loot Crate with Kaylee … in August - August 18, 2018
- Doomsday Clock, Heroes In Crisis and John Byrne – All in Action Comics #1002 - August 18, 2018
- From East Asian to Caucasian – Psylocke Switches Back on Wednesday - August 17, 2018
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018