“We are not going to take a dangerous electrical device and press it against a lady’s most gentle areas!”
And with that, I bring you the trailer for Tanya Wexler‘s new romantic comedy Hysteria, with leading lady Maggie Gyllenhaal being wooed in a somewhat unusual way by leading man Hugh Dancy. The film is about … well, just watch the trailer and you’ll soon figure it out. Let’s call it an exploration of the technological and medical advances made during the Victorian era (and trust me when I say that this is a trailer that you should watch right up the last second).
In all seriousness, though, this film looks like a joyfully dirty-minded comedy made more hilarious by the repressed sexuality of the British stiff upper lip. It also stars Rupert Everett and Jonathan Pryce, and if Maggie Gyllenhaal’s performance in Secretary is anything to go by then I’ve no doubt she gives it her all in Hysteria as well.
For your viewing ‘pleasure’.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012