Together, that sees Delcourt leapfrog competitor Glenat in terms of size, becoming the largest independent comics publisher in France by far. Of course, they are smaller than Media Participations who own Dargaud, Lombard and Dupuis. For now, at least.
Both publishers specialise in science fiction and fantasy which will make the acquisition relatievly easy in terms of tone and content matter.
Soleil owner Mourad Boudjellal wanted to dedicate more of his time to his rugby team, RC Toulon, although he bmaintains a share in the new publishing entity. But he has also sold his share of the Futuropolis publishing venture to the other partner, and big publisher Gallimard.
Delcourt and Soleil had long been partners as the distribution company DelSol. Thius just makes it even more offiical.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017