Together, that sees Delcourt leapfrog competitor Glenat in terms of size, becoming the largest independent comics publisher in France by far. Of course, they are smaller than Media Participations who own Dargaud, Lombard and Dupuis. For now, at least.
Both publishers specialise in science fiction and fantasy which will make the acquisition relatievly easy in terms of tone and content matter.
Soleil owner Mourad Boudjellal wanted to dedicate more of his time to his rugby team, RC Toulon, although he bmaintains a share in the new publishing entity. But he has also sold his share of the Futuropolis publishing venture to the other partner, and big publisher Gallimard.
Delcourt and Soleil had long been partners as the distribution company DelSol. Thius just makes it even more offiical.
- Is This Our June Wedding Then? (Spoilers for Today’s Marvel Comics) - January 17, 2018
- Richard Corben, Emmanuel Guibert and Chris Ware Nominated for the Angoulême Grand Prix 2018 - January 17, 2018
- When Luke Skywalker Learnt About Rogue One in Marvel’s Star Wars - January 17, 2018
- Justice League #37 Makes DC Comics Fans the Enemy (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- You’ll Believe Avengers Can Retcon – Avengers #676 and Champions #16 Spoilers - January 17, 2018