Together, that sees Delcourt leapfrog competitor Glenat in terms of size, becoming the largest independent comics publisher in France by far. Of course, they are smaller than Media Participations who own Dargaud, Lombard and Dupuis. For now, at least.
Both publishers specialise in science fiction and fantasy which will make the acquisition relatievly easy in terms of tone and content matter.
Soleil owner Mourad Boudjellal wanted to dedicate more of his time to his rugby team, RC Toulon, although he bmaintains a share in the new publishing entity. But he has also sold his share of the Futuropolis publishing venture to the other partner, and big publisher Gallimard.
Delcourt and Soleil had long been partners as the distribution company DelSol. Thius just makes it even more offiical.
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017
- Talking Hydra, Marvel, Nazis, Captain America On A Saturday Morning - April 22, 2017
- Heavy Metal Have Their Own Dark Matter To Launch This Weekend At C2E2 – And You Can Drink It - April 22, 2017