Together, that sees Delcourt leapfrog competitor Glenat in terms of size, becoming the largest independent comics publisher in France by far. Of course, they are smaller than Media Participations who own Dargaud, Lombard and Dupuis. For now, at least.
Both publishers specialise in science fiction and fantasy which will make the acquisition relatievly easy in terms of tone and content matter.
Soleil owner Mourad Boudjellal wanted to dedicate more of his time to his rugby team, RC Toulon, although he bmaintains a share in the new publishing entity. But he has also sold his share of the Futuropolis publishing venture to the other partner, and big publisher Gallimard.
Delcourt and Soleil had long been partners as the distribution company DelSol. Thius just makes it even more offiical.
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017