Jim Lee and Geoff Johns just took the stage to talk about the DC Comics relaunch as part of the LA Times’ Hero Complex Film Festival. There were lots of rumors flying about this event earlier tonite, which I think mirrors the incredible level of interest in what they’re attempting to accomplish here. I’m watching Twitter and the Newsarama Live Blog coverage like everyone else. Let’s find out what people are saying…
- The new Justice League of America series will start in the past with the JLA’s origin. The second arc of the book will then jump to the current time.
- There’s a lot of discussion about the history of the characters here, from what the Crisis reboot meant for DC and comics, and back to the core origins of the characters in DC’s decades-long history. There’s the sense that Lee and Johns are well aware of the scope of what they’re attempting.
- Grant Morrison gave commentary on the Action Comics relaunch via video. To no one’s surprise, he’s promising an unexpected and fundamentally new take, and “a ridiculous voyage into the unknown”. Morrison’s video should be available online soon.
- The event ended with the audience definitely wanting more. There was no Q&A at the end, much to the disappointment of everyone following along on twitter.
There are many questions left to answer here, and the rumors leading up to this event were fast and furious… all of which leads me to believe it’s going to be another busy week of DC news next week. Check out the transcript of Newsarama’s coverage for a few more tidbits.
- CGC Insider #12 – Ink Transfer and Color Rub - January 4, 2018
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #2: Funko Hunting - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Toys Countdown #3: The Toys That Made Us Is Already My Favorite Netflix Series - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #5: Kingdom Hearts Funko Box - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Games Countdown #3: Killing Jason in the Friday The 13th Game - December 30, 2017