Jim Lee and Geoff Johns just took the stage to talk about the DC Comics relaunch as part of the LA Times’ Hero Complex Film Festival. There were lots of rumors flying about this event earlier tonite, which I think mirrors the incredible level of interest in what they’re attempting to accomplish here. I’m watching Twitter and the Newsarama Live Blog coverage like everyone else. Let’s find out what people are saying…
- The new Justice League of America series will start in the past with the JLA’s origin. The second arc of the book will then jump to the current time.
- There’s a lot of discussion about the history of the characters here, from what the Crisis reboot meant for DC and comics, and back to the core origins of the characters in DC’s decades-long history. There’s the sense that Lee and Johns are well aware of the scope of what they’re attempting.
- Grant Morrison gave commentary on the Action Comics relaunch via video. To no one’s surprise, he’s promising an unexpected and fundamentally new take, and “a ridiculous voyage into the unknown”. Morrison’s video should be available online soon.
- The event ended with the audience definitely wanting more. There was no Q&A at the end, much to the disappointment of everyone following along on twitter.
There are many questions left to answer here, and the rumors leading up to this event were fast and furious… all of which leads me to believe it’s going to be another busy week of DC news next week. Check out the transcript of Newsarama’s coverage for a few more tidbits.
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017