Bleeding Cool’s favourite Real Life Super Hero, Phoenix Jones, caused a little ruckus at Seattle comic convention Emerald City Comic Con
In a panel interview with The Office star Rainn Wilson about his upcoming real life superhero movie Super, with director James Dunn, Jones arrived with fellow superheroer Pitch Black to basically gatecrash the panel. Not that their prescence wasn;t welcome. And during the back and forth, Phoenix stated that “I’m sure the police aren’t very interested in what we’re doing. Most the time when they see us they tell us to stop. They’re not too thrilled with other people doing their job – they’re not shooting woodcarvers.”
A reference to the shooting of John T Williams by policeman, a perceived lack of justice and the protests thereof, previously mentioned by Bleeding Cool when Phoenix confronted protestors. At the time, people weren’t exactly sure where Phoenix stood on the issue. I giess they do now.
There has been a degree of conflict between the Seattle police, Phoenix Jones and other real life superheroes. It looks like that is set to continue.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018