I spotted this gem in looking over our referrers for the NSFW Rio Carnival 2011 superhero pics that Rich posted yesterday. It is apparently from last year’s Rio Carnival and not from the current one, but it didn’t get its just due around the net as far as I can see, and there’s just too much awesome here not to post it.
I really don’t think this needs any more introduction, except perhaps to note that it is the best parade float in the history of the world. We need cons parades with floats like this, I think.
Awesome carnival float in Rio carnival 2010. Has to be seen to be believed. This huge structure was being pushed down the parade ground by people hidden inside. The black square on the slope is a window for the driver to look out of so he can steer.
The samba school is Unidos da Tijuca and the designer was Paulo Barros. Theres more to Rio carnival than samba drums, drummers, dancers and feathers!
I filmed this at the Rio Carnival Parade of Champions 2010.
- CGC Insider #12 – Ink Transfer and Color Rub - January 4, 2018
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #2: Funko Hunting - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Toys Countdown #3: The Toys That Made Us Is Already My Favorite Netflix Series - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #5: Kingdom Hearts Funko Box - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Games Countdown #3: Killing Jason in the Friday The 13th Game - December 30, 2017