I spotted this gem in looking over our referrers for the NSFW Rio Carnival 2011 superhero pics that Rich posted yesterday. It is apparently from last year’s Rio Carnival and not from the current one, but it didn’t get its just due around the net as far as I can see, and there’s just too much awesome here not to post it.
I really don’t think this needs any more introduction, except perhaps to note that it is the best parade float in the history of the world. We need cons parades with floats like this, I think.
Awesome carnival float in Rio carnival 2010. Has to be seen to be believed. This huge structure was being pushed down the parade ground by people hidden inside. The black square on the slope is a window for the driver to look out of so he can steer.
The samba school is Unidos da Tijuca and the designer was Paulo Barros. Theres more to Rio carnival than samba drums, drummers, dancers and feathers!
I filmed this at the Rio Carnival Parade of Champions 2010.
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018
- Detective Comics #1-26 Reprinted At Last, Plus A “Shocking Revelation” Which Will Rewrite DC History - September 16, 2018
- Fandom 1842: Happy 176th Birthday, Comic Books in America - September 14, 2018
- Rare Superman Comics Ashcan Auction Closing Tonight at Comic Connect - August 31, 2018