Saturday the 2nd of April is the official launch day for the Royal wedding biographical comic books, William: A Very Public Prince, Kate: A Very Private Princess and the flipbook compilation Kate And William: A Very Public Love Story.
And Forbidden Planet in London is hosting a signing with the writer (me), artist on William’s story Gary Erskine and colourist Owen Jollands. And they are pulling out all the stops.
Bunting, Union Flags, standees of the royal couple (so you can get a photo with them – and the comic) as Forbidden Planet is decked out Jubilee style for a street party.
Oh and there will be TV crews and newspaper paps jostling for position. Seriously, they’re lining up to cover this.
So if you want a signed copy of the comic, and in all likelihood find yourself on a TV news story seen all across the world, make sure you turn up in good time.
This could also be the first comic book signing you can take you mum to. Or your gran.
Any retailers looking to up their orders, do let your distributor know, as the print run gets set on Thursday. This is Markosia’s heaviest ordered book to date – but the publicity hasn’t even begun yet. One chain store has ordered around 1500 copies alone…
Diamond codes are:
FEB11 0696 KATE & WILLIAM VERY PUBLIC LOVE STORY TP
FEB11 0697 KATE MIDDLETON VERY PRIVATE PRINCESS ONE SHOT
FEB11 0698 WILLIAM WINDSOR VERY PUBLIC PRINCE ONE SHO
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018