Saturday the 2nd of April is the official launch day for the Royal wedding biographical comic books, William: A Very Public Prince, Kate: A Very Private Princess and the flipbook compilation Kate And William: A Very Public Love Story.
And Forbidden Planet in London is hosting a signing with the writer (me), artist on William’s story Gary Erskine and colourist Owen Jollands. And they are pulling out all the stops.
Bunting, Union Flags, standees of the royal couple (so you can get a photo with them – and the comic) as Forbidden Planet is decked out Jubilee style for a street party.
Oh and there will be TV crews and newspaper paps jostling for position. Seriously, they’re lining up to cover this.
So if you want a signed copy of the comic, and in all likelihood find yourself on a TV news story seen all across the world, make sure you turn up in good time.
This could also be the first comic book signing you can take you mum to. Or your gran.
Any retailers looking to up their orders, do let your distributor know, as the print run gets set on Thursday. This is Markosia’s heaviest ordered book to date – but the publicity hasn’t even begun yet. One chain store has ordered around 1500 copies alone…
Diamond codes are:
FEB11 0696 KATE & WILLIAM VERY PUBLIC LOVE STORY TP
FEB11 0697 KATE MIDDLETON VERY PRIVATE PRINCESS ONE SHOT
FEB11 0698 WILLIAM WINDSOR VERY PUBLIC PRINCE ONE SHO
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018