Mills has been involved as a consultant to a new private/public incubation initiative at the university called SUBVERSION, where he is working on new multi-media projects as well as about to start on a series of talks on graphic novels to University Of Liverpool students.
Pat Mills is quoted as saying;
“Once I’d got over all the blushing and the obvious „prof‟ jokes from my partner and friends, there’s one thing in particular about this that delights me: the appointment is intended to help raise the profile of British comics, British creators and what we can achieve in the comic media in Britain.
“For too long we’ve been in the shadow of American comics as well as being rather looked down upon as an art form in the UK – certainly by comparison with France. As a result, we have run the risk of losing our very British comic identity.
“So if this enhances the public image of important series like Charley’s War, comics like 2000 AD, and also my forthcoming graphic novels with Clint Langley for British-based Repeat Offenders Ltd., that’s got to be a good thing for our industry. The Repeat Offenders novels commence with American Reaper – a science fiction cop drama beautifully imagined by Clint. I think it will show just what we can do with the graphic novel art form when British creators are in the driving seat.
“It’s fantastic that the University of Liverpool supports British comics in this way and my thanks to everyone there who made it happen.”
I’m just picturing Marshal Law in a mortar board…
- Okay… How About a Fantastic Four #1 for June as Well? - February 22, 2018
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Comics, Including Super-Sons/Dynomutt - February 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fresh Start and Rick Remender and Bengal’s Death Or Glory on Front of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - February 22, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for May 2018 – the Day After Image Expo (Pics Update) - February 22, 2018
- Marvel Rumours Spilling Out of ComicsPRO – A Cosmic Ghost Rider Series? - February 22, 2018